CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

Where are you all doing Blazer Bash next year?

Blazer Bash

Wishing we were in Moab
Premium Member
Reaction score
Big Bear in June we can crash Big Bear Bronco Bash .......oh wait I'm going to that this weekend
No to anything in California.
So, BB, has moved from Moab?
Maybe.
Are there any "venue" options in Tx, Ok, Ks? Just curious if this would be an opportunity to move a little east towards the middle of the country for east coasters. I realize the majority of participants come from west of the middle of the country but it seems like it could be an opportunity to make the event bigger by making it more accessible to all.
Windrock Park

Chickntrk

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
I would like to see a rotating blazer bash, move it around….I’ve wanted to go to Moab all my life and I’m not missing out on a chance to do it with a good group of people so I’m going this year, but I’d like to see it held at different places….just an idea

Bent77

curmudgeon Status
Staff member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
There is nothing to like about that meme. It should have been in the pig pen. But since a mod posted it in MAD, fair game.
Waa waa. That’s not even pig pen. But your imagination might be

Carry on

stan1688

Weld-it-yourself bumpers
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Are there any "venue" options in Tx, Ok, Ks? Just curious if this would be an opportunity to move a little east towards the middle of the country for east coasters. I realize the majority of participants come from west of the middle of the country but it seems like it could be an opportunity to make the event bigger by making it more accessible to all.

There’s not much in Kansas, at least not for a weekend event. Kansas Rocks is a nice park, but it’s good for about a day, maybe two. Ultimate adventure went there a little while back. Tuttle Creek is about the same, from what I’ve heard.

Oklahoma has a fair amount parks from what I’ve heard. I think a couple are decent sized ones, but I’ve never been to them.

Missouri has a handful, as well. I’ve heard good things about Southern Missouri Off-Road Ranch. I know Flat Nasty is there, too.

I’ve heard good things about about Hot Springs in Arkansas.

I believe FSI is going to K2 in Texas this year. I’ve heard good things about that place, as well.

I haven’t wheeled that many places, but I think it would be hard to compete with the sheer scale and reputation of Moab (or anywhere with mountains (but that’s coming from a flat-lander)).

I would like to see a rotating blazer bash, move it around….I’ve wanted to go to Moab all my life and I’m not missing out on a chance to do it with a good group of people so I’m going this year, but I’d like to see it held at different places….just an idea

I’ve thought about this idea, too. It would be a good way to wheel a variety of places, and get more/different people involved who might not normally be able to go. However that would put a large burden on the organizer(s) to orchestrate that. Would be much easier if it was a group effort, and might be the way it needs to be. I would definitely help organize or offer to take on some kind of leadership role if it went that way.

Cucv_M1008

Cthulhu Forever
Premium Member
Reaction score
I was planning on going next year, I might still go to Moab anyways at some point I have not been since 2006 Blazer Bash, but if it moved to a different part of Utah or some where else I would be willing to travel to an extent.

HankScorpio

Customize everything
Premium Member
Reaction score
The cool thing about Moab for an event is its already a bucket list destination. Guys from all the way out on the coasts want to wheel Moab at least once and an event makes it easier. You shouldn't wheel difficult trails without a group, unless you want to meet Rory and TrailMater.

Hopefully BB can stay in Moab. If not it wouldn't have to move far. The Rockies and the desert are huge, with great trails all over.

I looked up some of these 4x4 parks guys were talking about. They are neat but small. Winrock boasts 73,000 acres, thats only 10 sq miles. Hard to get excited when we talk about 100's of square miles of great trails and public land out here in the west.

1 ton status
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
I've never been there, but people love the Badlands in South Dakota.

Tuttle Creek in Kansas would be a disappointment after Moab, but it is fun, and costs nothing.

Martin

Top Bottom