CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

Who makes the best dash pad ????

blazinzuk

Buzzbox voodoo
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
I'm going to Oakley this weekend. It's 20 miles south of Burley. That's where I grew up.

If you guys wanna do some Idaho wheeling around Idaho Falls I can take ya. Awesome rock crawling around there

Kay86K5

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
I'm going to Oakley this weekend. It's 20 miles south of Burley. That's where I grew up.

If you guys wanna do some Idaho wheeling around Idaho Falls I can take ya. Awesome rock crawling around there

I know where Oakley is (be on the lookout for me towing my new crew cab on my trailer down the highway this weekend, haha). I am actually very familiar with pretty much all of Idaho. I served a mission for my church in the Boise Area for a couple years (also was in Twin Falls for a while), I went to college in Rexburg (while living in Rigby), and by wife grew up in Burley and has most of her family in and around Twin Falls. I read about some really cool trails around Idaho Falls. Problem was I was a poor college student while living there and didn't have a rig to wheel while I was there. I would love to go back and hit some of those. I will let my brother know for sure about you and Idaho Falls and we will see if we can plan something. That would be a bunch of fun!!

Wolfshark

Registered Member
Reaction score
I have read the same reviews, care to elaborate on the fitment?

I Saw those summit reviews and have been hesitant to order one.

Then I stumbled on these dashes-
http://www.carandtruckupholstery.com/s-549-blazer.aspx
(Scroll down).
I noticed they have 2 different models- one for Silverado trim & one for non-Silverado models.

After seeing that, I wonder if this could be the reason some folks have issues fitting the summit dashes and some don't, maybe they're for one trim model or the other, or a 'one size fits all' inbetween size. Maybe?

I'm gonna get one of these models, I'll do a review once I get it and install it.

Phil513

Freakin' Sponge
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
I Saw those summit reviews and have been hesitant to order one.

Then I stumbled on these dashes-
http://www.carandtruckupholstery.com/s-549-blazer.aspx
(Scroll down).
I noticed they have 2 different models- one for Silverado trim & one for non-Silverado models.

After seeing that, I wonder if this could be the reason some folks have issues fitting the summit dashes and some don't, maybe they're for one trim model or the other, or a 'one size fits all' inbetween size. Maybe?

I'm gonna get one of these models, I'll do a review once I get it and install it.

Look forward to the review. The "Fits Silverado" picture is reversed. Or British. I'll be interested in what you find out.

Blue85

Yooper
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
I installed one of those caps many years ago. To anybody who knows square nose, it's clearly not a factory dash. I think if the speaker holes were exactly like factory, you would see the misaligned holes underneath, so they made the holes smaller. It is now split halfway across where the dash steps up over the cluster.

Kay86K5

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
I now realized I never put some updated photos of my LMC molded dash cover up here in this thread for you guys. Sorry about that.

This things was really easy to install and fit like a glove. It's very seamless and to be honest, looks like a brand new dash but at a fraction of the cost. Essentially all I did was clean the factory dash real good to get all the dust/dirt off it. Then, like most all these square dash's, mine had cracks all over it and the wholes for the speakers were a complete joke. I ended up taking a razor blade and knocked down all the raised portions on the dash from the cracks so it was as close to a flat surface as I could get it. Sense the new dash cover is held on with adhesive, you want to make sure you have as much contact as you can get.

Then I used the entire tube of adhesive that was included with the dash cover and put it all over the factory dash pad. I then got some sand bags and placed it on the installed cover and left it there overnight....and that's it.

I think there really isn't anything that can be better than a replacement full dash pad, but if you don't want to spend that type of coin...I think this turned out pretty good IMO. Here are some pics for you guys so see

pics of factory dash with cracks:

pics of molded dash cover with sand bags on it to hold it down while adhesive dried

And of the finished product

I don't think my pictures really do it justice....it was a huge improvement on the overall look of the interior. Hope that helps!

kennyw

@N9PHW, @chop.shop.squarebody on IG
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Is it just me or does the dog in this picture look to be as big as the white car?? That's a big damn dog!

19491996949_6200417a8c_z.jpg
You mean the air freshener?

Blue85

Yooper
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Mine looks exactly like that (except for the crack in mine now). I had to color it, IIRC and that's held up pretty well over the years. To be fair, the truck did spend a few years outdoors.

sreidmx

Fortify Offroad
Vendor
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Does that pad cover the front edges also? Mines got a bunch of tiny holes poked from pencils (kids)

SHINTON

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Can anyone confirm (or deny) that this will fit on a 1990 K5? 38-2610 is the part number, currently page 89 on LMC and is priced at $99.95. Looks like I have at least one crack on the K5 I am picking up next month. View media item 28408

sreidmx

Fortify Offroad
Vendor
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
It should, the blazer is one of the few models continued up to the 90s but the listing shows only to 87.

H20 Toie

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
So what is the best one available? tried the lmc cover and thats a no go, ordered one from usa1industries, that arrives today. but need to get 3 more. even thou the usa ones are expensive if they look good then they are worth it.

obijuank5

3/4 ton status
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Solutions
Reaction score
If you buy 5 or more then Cheyenne pickup will wholesale em.
I am very happy with mine. This is also showing the brushed aluminum dash bezel cover and ac vent strip from them.

15118217396821046640712.jpg

H20 Toie

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
That looks great
i ordered one. then ill know which one is better for the blazer and Crew cab, actually i wouldn't be surprised if they are the same.

obijuank5

3/4 ton status
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Solutions
Reaction score
Cheyenne pickup is manufactured by themselves in oklahoma.And allegedly usa1 manufactures their own as well. I'd love to see them side by side.

jeff in co

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score

H20 Toie

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
The one that i got from USA1 has a dashes direct label on the box, Probably get the black one then paint colors you want .

IMG_4826.JPG

Last edited:

jeff in co

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yea, looks good so far! Just have to really clean it with the correct cleaners before painting. I found a shop that did a color vinyl match from my old one. Found a spot that was not faded and they did the rest from there. Good luck!

Top Bottom