CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

Who makes the best dash pad ????

RootBreaker

3/4 ton status
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
they do look nice but I think id wreck one too quick... so ill have to keep my cracked/brittle one...

obijuank5

3/4 ton status
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Solutions
Reaction score
I just got a usa1 dash installed. It looks better than Cheyenne pickup brand and mis much firmer and heavier. Steel core vs plastic and the foam is firmer too. Color is more correct than Cheyenne but usa1 paints em to match. It is easy to scratch off if you tried. Cheyenne seems to be much tougher with respect to color.
It was a mfer to install with foam trimming to fit the ac components. Lots of trimming.

It was a dashes direct dash btw.
It fits ok to me. The driver top corner isn't cooperating at all.

20180408_172402.jpg

20180408_172240.jpg

RootBreaker

3/4 ton status
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
I just got a usa1 dash installed. It looks better than Cheyenne pickup brand and mis much firmer and heavier. Steel core vs plastic and the foam is firmer too. Color is more correct than Cheyenne but usa1 paints em to match. It is easy to scratch off if you tried. Cheyenne seems to be much tougher with respect to color.
It was a mfer to install with foam trimming to fit the ac components. Lots of trimming.

It was a dashes direct dash btw.
It fits ok to me. The driver top corner isn't cooperating at all.

View attachment 262337

View attachment 262338

looks really good.. I like it...

although there is something going on with your interior... cant put my finger on it..

seems your missing a pedal on the floor :haha:

j/k

man id love to get my truck to a point where it looks nice but then ill go and swamp it up so dunno if worth that money for me to do..

but still looks nice and I like it!

Kay86K5

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
I had one and threw it in the trash. I don't recommend them.

Funny you say that, cause I was just out working the truck with that in there, and thought, man that still looks good...and that was over 2 years ago. So I have had great luck with mine...to each their own

JoeliusZ28

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
This is the first aftermarket dash I've seen where some small detail doesn't immediately stick out to me as being a reproduction. Usually there's something proportionally incorrect about the edges around the gauge bezel, the color wont be right, or the texture of the material (if not all three) that immediately call out a phony. This one looks fantastic, I'll definitely be going with USA1 if i ever need one of these. I agree with what others have said about this being one of the most worthwhile items to spend some coin on. Its a pet peeve of mine when i see people asking high dollar for "restored" or original trucks and the pictures showcase some cheap re-pop dashpad that looks awful.

markrazz

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
I now realized I never put some updated photos of my LMC molded dash cover up here in this thread for you guys. Sorry about that.

This things was really easy to install and fit like a glove. It's very seamless and to be honest, looks like a brand new dash but at a fraction of the cost. Essentially all I did was clean the factory dash real good to get all the dust/dirt off it. Then, like most all these square dash's, mine had cracks all over it and the wholes for the speakers were a complete joke. I ended up taking a razor blade and knocked down all the raised portions on the dash from the cracks so it was as close to a flat surface as I could get it. Sense the new dash cover is held on with adhesive, you want to make sure you have as much contact as you can get.

Then I used the entire tube of adhesive that was included with the dash cover and put it all over the factory dash pad. I then got some sand bags and placed it on the installed cover and left it there overnight....and that's it.

I think there really isn't anything that can be better than a replacement full dash pad, but if you don't want to spend that type of coin...I think this turned out pretty good IMO. Here are some pics for you guys so see

pics of factory dash with cracks:

pics of molded dash cover with sand bags on it to hold it down while adhesive dried

And of the finished product

I don't think my pictures really do it justice....it was a huge improvement on the overall look of the interior. Hope that helps!

Which one did u purchase?

Top Bottom