CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

wallerus

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
I have been trying to sell 2 K5s for a while now and have had little to no interest. One is a running and driving 1990 Jimmy 6.2 diesel automatic, the other a 1991 Blazer body with zero rust from the roof parting line down. I do mean zero. 14 bolt semi floating rear and 8 lug gm corporate front on tuffcountry 4 inch lift (with rear blocks). 1990 Jimmy has some rust issues but not near as bad as I have seen. However the roof needs to be replaced.

I was asking 3200 for both then went down, and again. Then tried to sell them separate and all I got was people asking for seat belts and ashtrays.

WTF. I thought at least some one would try to low ball me, not even.

diesel4me

1 ton status
Premium Member
- In Memoriam -
Reaction score
Up here a rust free running K5 would fetch 3500+ bucks without much haggling alone--never mind another one thrown in that is also less rusty to restore...

I'm thinking some areas demand for these trucks is not that great,because more rust free or less rusted ones than up here are still available for sale...have you tried listing them on craigslist in other cities on the east coast ?...some guys here fly out to AZ or Las Vegas to buy a rust free old square body ,its often cheaper than trying to restore a "new england truck"...

wallerus

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
What cities would you think? There seems to be no interest in them here.

diesel4me

1 ton status
Premium Member
- In Memoriam -
Reaction score
Try Boston,Hartford CT,Providence RI ?...only way to find out..

Of course you'll likely get a lot of lowballers and "can you deliver" questions...make it clear in the ad THEY must come get it and or pay to haul it home..and expect some to ask that regardless..
I see ads from Trenton NJ,NY,and some other far away places on the local craigslists for rust free vehicles quite often..

I know if I had 3200 bucks I'd rather buy something rust free and cannibalize my current vehicles for parts,than to do a "frame off rust-o-ration"on them and still have a semi p-o-s thats all patched up with welded on aftermarket rockers,floors,fenders,etc,when I'm done...

The fact I'm not really in good enough condition to DO such a job is a big reason too,and I know I'm not the only older guy around here who'd like a nice rust free square body, that only needs "cosmetics" rather than "everything"..I see many trucks no better than mine or worse with asking prices in the 2000-4000+ dollar range on craigslist needing a lot of work,body & mechanical..some get sold rather quickly too !..:tongue1:

wallerus

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
I try some of those. The only reason I getting rid of them is I have the old and broken issues also.

rdn2blazer

1 ton status
- In Memoriam -
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Its people are broke ass, and want everything for next to nothing. Exactly why I hate selling shi*. Would rather scrap it for cash or toss it in the trash depending on what it is. If noone want it right now then its just not going to sell. In time maybe. Or you have to keep dropping the price to make it more of a steel then it already is.

My clean straight rust free 70' Chevy long bed with a factory wood bed, 402 BB TH400 tranny with a rear D60 with 4.56 gears, factory tach and gauge package, 4 wheel disc brakes. It took forever to sell, started at $3500. Sold ot for $1900 cause it just would not sell. And of course I wish I didn't have to sell it.

diesel4me

1 ton status
Premium Member
- In Memoriam -
Reaction score
Out here you would have had to fight off guys wanting to buy it for 3500 bucks..like they say--location,location,location..

True,many here aren't well off,or are just cheap,and want everything cheap so they can brag "I only paid XXX for this"--or flip it to someone for double what they paid--but there are also many wealthy well off people that aren't afraid to pay what something is worth too...

Scrap is way down here--my friend had a 2005 Cherokee a customer decided to give to him when he learned it had too many issues to be worth fixing--he sold the front doors,a right side fender off it,pulled the motor & tranny,that the customer wanted for another Jeep,then filled it to the roof with scrap rotors,shocks,etc,till not one more thing would fit in it..
The ramp truck used to haul it off sagged badly,and nearly did a wheelie when it was winched up onto the bed..they hauled it to a scrapyard 2 miles away..
It weighed over 6500 lbs...he got a whopping 210 bucks for it!..

The doors,& fender,netted him 250 bucks..two days later someone stopped in and asked "where is that Jeep-?..-I wanted to buy the diffs if it was still here"...he could have gotten another 250 for those !..:doah:..he pointed him towards the scrapyard and said "maybe it hasn't been squashed yet"...

Truckman4life

3/4 Ton Status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah same issues here. Every one is either loaded buying new stuff or broke and want everything for free. I found that listing it in new/larger areas and on different sites usually got my stuff to sell.

montess85

Registered Member
Reaction score
You don't happen to have pictures of the trucks. I'm looking for a clean 6.2 blazer.

diesel4me

1 ton status
Premium Member
- In Memoriam -
Reaction score
Sucks you have to part with them due to back issues--I know all too well how you feel though,and most likely I'll be forced to give up on my Suburban and Pickup and either just keep them for yard plow trucks or sell them,I'm unable to do much work on anything any more--even sitting here typing is killing me--left hip and sciatic nerve in my left leg are now the main points of agony,along with lower back pain..

wallerus

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
I'm taking 1800 mg of Gabapentin a day and it seems to keep my sciatic pain at bay unless I try to do stupid stuff like work on cars. Smashed the 4-5 lumbar.

diesel4me

1 ton status
Premium Member
- In Memoriam -
Reaction score
Huh--me too--I'm taking three Gabapentin's daily too,with little to no relief,along with two diclofinac NSAID pain pills...I'm supposed to take an asprin daily too,but haven't lately after my stomach revolted..

I hurt just as much sitting doing nothing as I do anything else,and my "work" suffers for it--I half-ass and jerry rig everything to get it over with quick,cant do it "right"..which aggravates the crap out of me..

On top of the back pain and sciatica I suffer from acid reflux (GERD),and have to take two ozmeperole's daily,and a Lortadine (Claratin) once a day for allergies,or else end up with snot pouring out like a faucet,or sneezing constantly...
The carpeting upstairs has years of stains from our cats,food,etc,and despite several cleaning attempts,its developed a very irritating odor that makes my nose run--going to try killing it with some chemicals ,then rip it all out if that fails..I'm worried I could finish my cat off if I go using bleach or other stuff though..may have to wait till she passes before I can do that..

It took me almost a month to patch the rotted floor in my bathroom,a job anyone else could have done in a day or two..I cant do much for long before I need to rest or lie down..it pisses me off..

wallerus

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
If you want to try to rent one I will make it worth your while.

I am by the way, in progress of fixing the rear window motor on the jimmy.

Big Ray

1 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
percocets are still working for sciatic pain...but it feels like I may need an upgrade before long. I feel for you having to rearrange your life because of it.

diesel4me

1 ton status
Premium Member
- In Memoriam -
Reaction score
No Percs or Vicoden for me thanks--I had a hard enough withdrawl quitting ciggarretts and booze some years back..they only mask the pain,don't cure anything,cause more trouble than good..my doctor wont write me a script for anything narcotic,says my stomach will suffer for it it he did,and he fears i'd get addicted..he is right--I took a few vicoden the dentist prescribed after getting teeth yanked out a few months ago,and my stomach felt like it was tied in a knot..couldn't poop for a week!..the pain was still pretty bad too..

I may have to resort to back surgery,as a last resort though--might go see a chiropractor or the Dr. who shot me up with a steriod,but I hate those huge epidural needles...last injection was many years ago,and I got limited relief from it..
I also need a better mattress..one I'm sleeping on is probably 25+ years old--there is a craftmatic bed my late dad had in his room that I'm going to try using ,if I ever get all the clutter stashed in that room cleared out..

Billyworld

I now know that i will never finish this truck.
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have been trying to sell 2 K5s for a while now and have had little to no interest. One is a running and driving 1990 Jimmy 6.2 diesel automatic, the other a 1991 Blazer body with zero rust from the roof parting line down. I do mean zero. 14 bolt semi floating rear and 8 lug gm corporate front on tuffcountry 4 inch lift (with rear blocks). 1990 Jimmy has some rust issues but not near as bad as I have seen. However the roof needs to be replaced.

I was asking 3200 for both then went down, and again. Then tried to sell them separate and all I got was people asking for seat belts and ashtrays.

WTF. I thought at least some one would try to low ball me, not even.
Try eBay and put no shipping. Set a reserve price. It's very easy and free. If you don't know what you are doing, call eBay and they will walk you thru it. Same with pay pal.

Top Bottom