B
Bent77
Guest
Head gaskets and intake gaskets. Almost eveything else just gets Right Stuff. I buy the caulking gun size tube
First time out to Moab I was welding up roll cage at 1 am the day we were leaving. Moab thrash is a thingI don't understand how it's possible to "run out of things to do" prior to Blazer Bash.....I thrashed till 3 am and left at 5am several years and still felt like there was more to do...Everything tight? Everything tied down? All the tools packed? Everything greased? Extra fluids? Etc. etc. etc. ad nauseam....
I agree!First time out to Moab I was welding up roll cage at 1 am the day we were leaving. Moab thrash is a thing
If he ran out of stuff to do, it's because he sucks at ordering parts
Here is my 2017 Blazer Bash prep list, it isn't in any particular order.
Also trying to leave about 3 weeks before the bash to do a shake down trail run. This thing was essentially tossed together for BB15 and I have been trying to keep it running sense, the engine and 5 transmissions set me back a lot and haven't been able to work on this list like I had hoped to.
- Learn to weld
- build front receiver/ tow point cross member
- Install Air bumps
- Install limit straps
- Trim Fenders
- Install new water pump
- install new oil pan
- install charcoal canister
- clean up under hood wiring
- install cb radio
- install cb antenna
- install radio
- install speakers
- install fuse block
- mount ecm
- mount engine fuse block
- mount obd2 port
- install seat cover
- install transfer case shifter
- install trans and transfer case breather
- install power windows
- install door panels
- install parking brake
- install new o ring on fuel sending unit
- vent gas tank to charcoal canister
- extract broken bolt in diff cover
- install gov lock
- install receiver hitch
- Install rock lights
- install and build brackets for the 6 inch light bars in the turn signal front bumper.
- reseal transfercase
- A surprise if I can get it done before MOAB
Got a couple more thing checked off that list. @skunked the rtv trick on the fan tstat worked like a champ. Truck hasn't ran in close to 2 months and it fired right up.
I'm so far behind it isn't funny. Today the rear diff will go back together, take it for a test drive to make sure it works then I'll pull the tcase for reseal.