CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

83K5_blazer (she’s back!)

Rust repair and trying to un-f*ck everything the PO's had done.

Cntymnty77

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
Honestly a really solid looking platform! Nice job so far.
Thanks! With the amount of bondo on it, I was expecting the worst and being here in Missouri, the salt kills these things! Doing what I do, I got bored one night and checked the VIN number as far back as I could and it looks like it spend a good part of it's life in OK and then made its way to southwest MO for a couple years. The guy I got it from said it sat in his field for 6 months out of the couple of years he had it.

Also, if anyone could help out with this wiring? I've looked at several wiring diagrams and I have one hell of a time reading them.. I'm guessing the pic with the blue attachment is the original radio harness but I'm not sure.

I also included some more pics of the floors and B pillars to be repaired. I hear everyone likes pictures on here.

IMG_4570.JPG

IMG_4571.JPG

IMG_4572.JPG

IMG_4573.JPG

IMG_4574.JPG

IMG_4576.JPG

IMG_4577.JPG

IMG_4578.JPG

IMG_4579.JPG

Last edited:

Cntymnty77

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
So I'm going to attempt to answer my own question here.. according to this, those are all radio wires. But.. if I remember correctly, when I took the harness out, those wires that are "speaker" wires ran to the fuse block. I wouldn't think the speaker wires would go to the fuse block. Or at least they haven't in every other car I've owned.

Please correct me if I'm wrong!

IMG_4548.JPG

Last edited:

1 ton status
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Those do appear to be radio wires, but I don't know why the speaker wires would run to the fuse panel.

Martin

Cntymnty77

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
Those do appear to be radio wires, but I don't know why the speaker wires would run to the fuse panel.

Martin
Thanks for the reply. I need to get back out and retrace them but I'm pretty sure that's where they terminated. The wiring on this truck was all hacked up.

scpaul

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
IIRC, GM used to ground one side at the speakers, and they used 4 ohm speakers. It's been a long time. Hope this helped in some way and confirm all of this info.
Paul

Cntymnty77

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
Got a few hours to get out and work on the truck today and got to the section behind the driver's door that I was scared to uncover and found this. It's not the worst I've seen but I just wanted to show how terrible the "body work" on this truck is. Someone decided to fix this rust hole with fiberglass and then about a 1/4" of bondo.

IMG_4595.JPG

Last edited:

Cntymnty77

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
IIRC, GM used to ground one side at the speakers, and they used 4 ohm speakers. It's been a long time. Hope this helped in some way and confirm all of this info.
Paul
I need to get back under the dash and look at those better now that the colors of wire match the radio wires. Thanks for the help!

Cntymnty77

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
So I just realized the RH rocker panel I ordered from Classic Industries is actually a LH and it's even labeled as a RH. Am I missing something or is this actually labeled wrong?

IMG_4602.JPG

IMG_4603.JPG

Cntymnty77

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
Thought I would post some more "before" pictures of the floorboards before I get started on the surgery.

IMG_3889.JPG

IMG_3891.JPG

IMG_3892.JPG

stockk5

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
ah, yes, I ended up doing the entire floor and rockers once... now im about to cut a lot out again! 10years later cuz of rust.

Top Bottom