CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

89-ish K5 build. Beat cancer!!! Time for icecream!

3 Link front, leafs in the rear, 2.5" ADS Racing Shocks!

jekquistk5

Weld nekid
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score

GWeakland620

THE CK5 Crayon Eater
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Dude you are kicking some serious tail, all while going through chemo treatments. That's awesomely inspiring. I'm trying to knock out my 8.1 swap, and you and I are right on pace. I get lazy, then I remember you are doing the same thing and I need to pick up the pace! Great works of works man, keep it up!!!

jekquistk5

Weld nekid
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Its just been tough, not necessarily the chemo but the side effects. I have had sinus drainage and a cough for 5 weeks. I'm not sick, but I have no voice due to the coughing and drainage. I have another dr appointment with an ENT to work out a concoction that will not effect my chemo drugs.

toomany

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Do you have any plans to integrate a wideband into the harness? That's one area I overlooked when putting mine together. Have to go back into it and tap into what would have been the AC wiring from the PCM. Shouldn't be too bad to add those two pins back in. Yours being an 01(?) should have EGR pins that you could tap into as well.

I knew I needed wideband, and had plans for it, but it didn't occur to me set it up so I could log it in HpTuners. Probably going to set it up so I can remove the gauge after I'm satisfied with the tune, but leaving it easy enough to plug back in quickly.

jekquistk5

Weld nekid
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Do you have any plans to integrate a wideband into the harness? That's one area I overlooked when putting mine together. Have to go back into it and tap into what would have been the AC wiring from the PCM. Shouldn't be too bad to add those two pins back in. Yours being an 01(?) should have EGR pins that you could tap into as well.

I knew I needed wideband, and had plans for it, but it didn't occur to me set it up so I could log it in HpTuners. Probably going to set it up so I can remove the gauge after I'm satisfied with the tune, but leaving it easy enough to plug back in quickly.

I plan on getting aem eugo and just logging with serial. That makes it easy to remove and use on other vehicles. That way it’s digital. And not converted to analog.

toomany

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
I plan on getting aem eugo and just logging with serial. That makes it easy to remove and use on other vehicles. That way it’s digital. And not converted to analog.

That's sort of the route I'm going, same gauge too. I'll be using the serial output from the gauge and sending that back through the PCM AC wires. Will put connectors under the dash to plug the gauge into, then just build another harness for stand alone in other vehicles.

jekquistk5

Weld nekid
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
That's sort of the route I'm going, same gauge too. I'll be using the serial output from the gauge and sending that back through the PCM AC wires. Will put connectors under the dash to plug the gauge into, then just build another harness for stand alone in other vehicles.

If you put it into he PCM it will be an analog 0-5V output not serial. Serial comes from the gauge and goes into a serial port on the pc that is logging.

toomany

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you put it into he PCM it will be an analog 0-5V output not serial. Serial comes from the gauge and goes into a serial port on the pc that is logging.

Maybe I misunderstood the terms, but going through the PCM vs. directly to the computer is what I plan to do. Looking at the paperwork, one of the wires is 5v output which is what will feed into the PCM. Maybe I got confused in my reading somewhere. Was digging through posts about Canbus interface and I think the BP harness has two wires I pulled out of the ALDL connector that were labeled serial/Can that I didn't need and were only used on Gen IV+.

Blue85

Yooper
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
The important thing is just that the WB02 is time-synced with the other parameters in the datalogs. I don't think you gain/lose a lot of accuracy by using the analog signal vs the serial stream.

jekquistk5

Weld nekid
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Added an emotional support board to the stand. Got most the front done and ready for paint. Still need to do the sides but hopefully can finish that up tomorrow after chemo/ before trick or treating with the kids.
Going to leave all the aluminum parts raw and just paint the cast block black.
This is my 5th round of chemo so only one note after this(hopefully)

B49E901F-D637-45B7-A09E-BA4FD6166742.jpeg

815B6B96-0D22-4210-9D0F-49625B71213E.jpeg

8B91B61B-F578-4C54-9C88-8C80E372FB4B.jpeg

C17D938A-D3A5-4985-A132-BD23ED3C1F10.jpeg

Kyle1983

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
@jekquistk5

Just went through this entire build thread.

First I want to say, congrats on your preliminary cancer free results. That's the best part of this entire thread.

Secondly, amazing job with the Blazer. I don't even have 5% of your mechanical and electrical knowledge. Super impressed watching you do all this work. I work as a welder so it was nice seeing you weld so much yourself.

You gave me so much inspiration for what I could possibly due to my Blazer, for a summer cruise vehicle.

I had a question about those tube frame doors. Any tutorials or measurements on how to make them? I plan to remove my back hard top, tailgate and doors.

jekquistk5

Weld nekid
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
@jekquistk5

Just went through this entire build thread.

First I want to say, congrats on your preliminary cancer free results. That's the best part of this entire thread.

Secondly, amazing job with the Blazer. I don't even have 5% of your mechanical and electrical knowledge. Super impressed watching you do all this work. I work as a welder so it was nice seeing you weld so much yourself.

You gave me so much inspiration for what I could possibly due to my Blazer, for a summer cruise vehicle.

I had a question about those tube frame doors. Any tutorials or measurements on how to make them? I plan to remove my back hard top, tailgate and doors.

Thanks no measurements currently but I can get you some. They are made from scrap and hardware store parts. I’ll be buying a set of Diy4x tube doors before next summer. These rattle to much and can come flying open when bashing whoops in the dunes. Diy4x uses an actual automotive style latch’s so I’m going that way.

GWeakland620

THE CK5 Crayon Eater
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Haha, I had to add the same emotional support board on my stand with my 8.1 also. It was not happy at all lol.

Keep up the pace dude!

fastazz81

Gnome recovery vehicle
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
As far as sealing your connectors up you could just snip the unused wire by the connector and put self sealing heat shrink on them. It’s not the cleanest look but it’s better than right stuff and the wires could be pulled back out if need be.

jekquistk5

Weld nekid
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Haha, I had to add the same emotional support board on my stand with my 8.1 also. It was not happy at all lol.

Keep up the pace dude!

What pace? I haven’t touched anything in quite a while. While that bugs me I have to think of the bigger picture. This round has been seriously kicking my ass. I haven’t eaten anything solid in 5 days due to mouth sores, and I have no voice because of the coughing attacks I get from the chemo induced post nasal drip. Nothing is working to stop the cough. I’m gonna get through it though. I have 3 mote weeks of hell and then hopefully cancer free!

GWeakland620

THE CK5 Crayon Eater
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
What pace? I haven’t touched anything in quite a while. While that bugs me I have to think of the bigger picture. This round has been seriously kicking my ass. I haven’t eaten anything solid in 5 days due to mouth sores, and I have no voice because of the coughing attacks I get from the chemo induced post nasal drip. Nothing is working to stop the cough. I’m gonna get through it though. I have 3 mote weeks of hell and then hopefully cancer free!
Your moving faster than I am, and I’m not kicking ass with treatments.

jekquistk5

Weld nekid
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
No new updates except I have a scan on dec 16th to declare me cancer free or not. Really hoping for remission. If all is well I go through 3 rounds of high dose methotrexate which is also nasty stuff but protects my brain and neverous system from the cancer spreading. I guess when you kick cancer out of the lymphatic system it likes to move to the brain and central nervous system so this is a preventative treatment to hopefully smash it for good. If all goes well I’m gonna have one hell of a summer. Finish this ls swap, buy a jk, and a 32 foot goose. Should be fun.

Top Bottom