Suburban build created by 454Sub, Jun 27, 2015
454Sub submitted a new Build:
90 R1500 Suburban Build
Read more about this build here...
And more. Like I said, some of these are version 1.0, version 2.0, and 2.5 may be floating around in here somewhere. This is about 10 yrs almost condensed into what pictures I have not lost due to breaking phones. But this group seems to be the removal of the second paintjob and probably the rehacking of the fenders and welding them back up.
More. Here is some of the fender job. partial disk brake swap, and some other stuff.
and more. Some 2.0 versions with the second paint job, a broken 14FF 5.13 gear set due to a 20$ bet, and a soon to be broken deck and already broken hot tub/ paint drying rack.
The driveway one was its last weekend with that paint and in its current trim. It was torn down about a week after that into the bare metal mess it is now. And just noticed the curved overload remove procedure that was sketchy as can be.
Kids, stuck, new paint, ready for new paint. and the 454 during its growing years before the stock box was found for the air filter.
Random carnage, a large by huge stuck and a great story with it, and some other stuff.
Hopefully I can dig up more pics. Now, it is receiving its 203/205, the HP60 and 5.38s all the way around.
Some parts finally arrived, and some I dug out for pictures.
Yukon hardcore 35 spline hubs and outers, kingpin rebuilds for both sides, a 1350 yoke for the 60, and WFO crossover.
Well this build is about to get a major jump start. After 4 months of 7-10s, I am finally out of there. So now, I am about to order bearing kits for both axles, my doubler is getting wrapped up, and once that's done I can weld my shock tabs on and get something accomplished. East Coast Bash or bust.
And I just realized my membership has expired. So that will need repair as well. Baby steps, itsy first weekend off since before Thanksgiving.
I totally forgot about this. And my membership still isn't updated. Finally peeled myself off banks and trying to get the finances in order with the fiancee going back to school. Home growing pains. Anyways I finished the doubler, had it all mounted then yanked it back out when I traded the TH400 for a 4L80E. So the doubler is going back to be re drilled for the 6 bolt round pattern. Still have the gears laying in the box. Not much progress sadly.
Picked up another 14 bolt so I can have the 4.10 carrier required for the 5.38s. Got the doubler loaded up and dropped off. Need to pull the 60s diff and get it welded up plus swap all the gears around. Progress is progress.
Posting pictures will prove to be difficult. Me and the fiancee have gotten rid of any and all bank accounts so I can't pay my membership. Plan B
We here at CK5 like pictures! Good thing you have the holy grail of transfer cases in there (for anyone curious it was a Facebook debate)
Separate names with a comma.