Blazer Bash 2020 thoughts and updated info. See post 79

Discussion in 'Blazer Bash' started by ktmoutfront, Jul 14, 2020.

1. ChrisPerry

ChrisPerry Contemplating links Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Build(s):
    Don't worry, it's always an experience

2. the_blaze

the_blaze Nightmare / Plan B Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Build(s):
    Let me know if I can help at the BBQ or anywhere else.

Fastereddie, Capt Ron and Chevman88 like this.
  3. DickeysK5

DickeysK5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Cathy and I will be there regardless. We want to see our long time friends and make a few new ones. She is now retired and I have the time off. The closer the date, our AirBnB becomes mostly non-refundable. Should BB have to be canceled, please keep our registration fee. Thank you Wade and Mark for all of your extraordinary hard work.

4. B.N.Z.MTNS

B.N.Z.MTNS Elevation 8,500’ Premium Member

Build(s):
    I’m still trying to make plans to attend this year and hope I can meet a lot of you guys in person. I do have to say I really appreciate the regular communication and updates as this is not the case with many of these types of events.
    I have not met very many of you, but I appreciate the guys who are spearheading this, especially with all of the Covid crap going on. I have only organized one off-road event for a group from our church and we only had about 15 people. I was pulling my hair out (what little I have) just trying to get that organized... and it did not involve any where near the effort this event does.

Thank you guys, I hope to see you there.

76zimmer, Chevman88 and Desert_K5 like this.
  5. Bent77

Bent77 lil meanie Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

Build(s):
    We have to put stuff in writing, or we get a case of the wades and forget everything

6. ktmoutfront

ktmoutfront GnomeWorks LLC Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Build(s):
    More good news today. The actual insurance quote came in. Everything prior had been verbal assumptions from the broker. They reduced the cost from last year because this is our 5th year with the same company. There is something to be said for continuing relationships in good standing. The terrorist insurance that the DOI/BLM are requiring was quoted way off. I mean, not even close. By a decimal place off in our favor. I was verbally quoted $400 just for the terrorist insurance. Turns out, he read it wrong. Is $38. What a relief.

Total insurance this year is just above a grand. Registration money has been transferred and the check has been sent.

Lets do this.

It is nice going into the weekend with a couple things off of the list for this year.

7. ashman

ashman What's a pigeonrat?? Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Build(s):
  8. wheels87k5

wheels87k5 24 Karat Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Build(s):
    Wade, Mark.....I'll be retired no later than May 2021. I will be glad to help keep BB alive and well. Just let me know what I can do to assist.

bmxbryant9 and Bent77 like this.
  9. bp71k5

bp71k5 3/4 ton status Premium Member

Build(s):
    I’m super curious what “terrorist insurance” is and what it covers?

10. Bent77

Build(s):
    I asked him that, specifically “does that cover the terrorist or us?”

Basically it’s due to stupid like what’s been going on in our culture

11. ktmoutfront

Build(s):
    If a terrorist act happens on DOI/BLM or State Lands, and someone gets hurt or property is damaged, the government entities are covered for lawsuits. $2 mil coverage.

On a side note. I pay for $1 mil in liability coverage for myself and Trail Productions just in case some ass hat decides to sue. I do not want everything I have worked for taken away by the courts because of some idiot.

Hosting an event in today's world is stressful and expensive. I could not imagine putting on KOH or Burning Man.

12. ktmoutfront

Build(s):
    Now I have become a consultant for the city parks department on how to do an event.

At least it seams that way. They are being super cool about, but asking a lot of questions.

Capt Ron and 76zimmer like this.
  13. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Build(s):
    This reminds me of a buddy. He'll ask me a question and I'll say why don't you just google it. He says it's easier to just ask me.

Capt Ron likes this.
  14. ktmoutfront

Build(s):
    All of the info I am giving them is from the states web site. I have even sent links. The 50 person limit seems to be a sticking point for them. But we are past it.

15. 76zimmer

76zimmer Flyin Rat Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Build(s):
    I think you need consulting fees!

16. nvrenuf

nvrenuf I grind my welds. Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Build(s):
    Alright! Good practice for putting together an east coast event. :D

kgblazerfive and Bent77 like this.
  17. ktmoutfront

Build(s):
    Updaye on the DOI/BLM.
    They sent an email asking if we were still having our event.

YES!!!!!!

72gmck5, fastazz81, Capt Ron and 4 others like this.
  18. Bent77

Build(s):
    That conversation earlier was one of the more entertaining things I’ve heard in awhile

Capt Ron likes this.
  19. ktmoutfront

Build(s):
    NOTICE FOR ALL TO READ...........

Blazer Bash 2020
    Important information

We are excited to be hosting Blazer Bash on September 11th, 12th and 13th. This year we have some issues to deal with due to the current Utah State mandates. Coronavirus-SARS 2 has created mandates for hosting our BBQ. We have had to put together plans for using The Old City Park while serving food.

All guests will need to be free of illness to attend. If you have a fever or any of the 4 million symptoms listed on the CDC website, we ask that you refrain from attending.

Please read and follow the guidelines that are posed at the BBQ, including ingress and egress areas. Please do the social distancing thing of one K5 width between you and others. Because we are meeting outside, masks are not required. If you can not maintain a 1 K5 width, hold your breath until you can. Or wear a mask, your choice. We will not be providing masks. Hand sanitizing bottles will be located throughout the site.

He food will be served in take-out containers and will be dished out by volunteers. We had to purchase containers and prepackage utensils. We are not allowed to serve our normal drinks in multi serve containers and cups. With the other hassles that Offroad Designs is having to deal with, we will not provide drinks. Bring your own drinks. Provide enough for 3 plus hours during the event.

You will also need to bring lawn chairs as some attendees will be asked to sit in the grass area. State of Utah regulations allow only one family unit per table. Please be cautious to others. You also might want to bring shade.

The restrooms will be closed. So, plan.

When you arrive at the park, there will be signs directing the flow of traffic. Enter to the left of the covered area. You will see the registration table first. Please have your registration number ready. It is one number; you can remember it. It is on the registration list on CK5.com in the registration thread. The list will also be posted. You will be given an envelope with a truck registration card. This is to be placed on your truck for the Jason Payne Innovative Trophy Award. If you ordered a shirt(s), there will be a card with to be used for claiming your shirt(s) at the next table. There will also be a card for voting for the Jason Payne Innovative Trophy Award. You look the trucks over and vote for your favorite. There will be a box at the displayed trophy. You will also receive a goody bag for each participant registered to the truck. Each goody bag will have sponsor information and 5 raffle tickets.

We will need you to keep distance from the food being prepared. Please do not let your children or uncontrolled spouse into the area. It will be roped off and obvious.

The next area will be the raffle tables. We have had some incredible companies sponsor us this year. You are welcome to peruse the raffle items but do not handle them. Place one half of each raffle ticket in the container for the items you want to win. You can also purchase more tickets for $1 each. Only registered truck owners can purchase the tickets. Please purchase additional tickets just once, to keep contact down. Please try to have exact currency, cash only.

Do not re-enter the raffle area from the grass area. You will need to get back in line and go through again.

We will start the dinner at 6pm. Please be patient with the volunteers serving food. This is not what they do for a living. Remember to use the 1 K5 width distance when standing in line. You will get instructions at the event for how this is going to proceed.

At 7pm we will start the presentations, thank you’s and the raffle. We hope to be done by 9pm.

Registration information;

We are trying to keep the costs for this event down to a reasonable amount so everyone will be able to attend. Parts of the process are the BLM and The Utah School and Institutional Trust Lands Administration (SITLA) permits. These permit costs are based directly on truck and passenger counts. After the event I submit a form to each agency with the totals for each trail for each day. The agencies then send me a bill. We are going to have the sign-up sheets available to the trail leaders to check trucks off this year. If you have not paid, you will be asked to leave or pay cash at that time for the truck and passengers. You do not have to run the trail you signed up for, but you will need to have paid for a trail run with the passengers. In the past years we were lax in doing this. With costs going up, we can no longer be. Have your truck number available at the meeting point for each day so the leader does not need to search names.

If we all work together, we will have a great event and a fun time for all.

20. oatsk5

oatsk5 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Thanks again for going through all the hoops to make it happen.