CK5 Forums

Take a few seconds to register your free account to post topics or questions, and view exclusive content!

Group B Pritchett Run BB21

AgDieseler

Certified Scrap Producer
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Who would be interested in a deliberately paced Saturday run through Pritchett? Call it Group B, with the assumption that the more tube-framed among us are running ahead in Group A.

I'll drag my buddy @Spork929 into this one since it will be his first drive of the trail (we ran the suburban together, last time). Having run it once among a decently equipped group of 18 other jeeps, I can tell you it's a full day of wheeling, but a memorable one. I didn't have to beat on my truck to get it done; just steadily working the obstacle with good spotters, making use of every inch of suspension travel, and I pulled cable three times (chewy, rocker knocker, and rock pile). If we keep our group to the standard BB limit of 5-8 trucks, we'll be set for a fine day in the Canyon, with enough time for everyone to work the obstacles.

Afterward, frosty cold snacks will be on me. I'll import from the finest brewery in Dallas, as I do each time we go to west.

Tagging a handful of folks I think would do this trail way better than my junk (this is clearly not an exhaustive list):
@Fastereddie
@mrk5
@Bent77
@6872xtc
@the_blaze
@4door99
@skunked
@ashman
@72gmck5

David

Last edited:

Fastereddie

Sorry if I offended you. Not.
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Solutions
Reaction score
I already have @Fastereddie signed up for Prichette. Must be what he wanted...
Cat GIF

mrk5

The Sticker Guy
Vendor
GMOTM Winner
Author
Reaction score
I'm still not certain if I'm going to make it to the event this year. I'd like to, but we'll see where things stand closer to then.

AgDieseler

Certified Scrap Producer
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
I'm still not certain if I'm going to make it to the event this year. I'd like to, but we'll see where things stand closer to then.
It would be a real treat to see the 3+3 in her new outfit walk up and out yellow hill.

Mark might have put his finger on the scale. I didn't try to stop him.

David

4door99

Still not allowed in the Jeeper club.
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Who would be interested in a deliberately paced Saturday run through Pritchett? Call it Group B, with the assumption that the more tube-framed among us running ahead in Group A.

I'll drag my buddy @Spork929 into this one since it will be his first drive of the trail (we ran the suburban together, last time). Having run it once among a decently equipped group of 18 other jeeps, I can tell you it's a full day of wheeling, but a memorable one. I didn't have to beat on my truck to get it done; just steadily working the obstacle with good spotters, making use of every inch of suspension travel, and I pulled cable three times (chewy, rocker knocker, and rock pile). If we keep our group to the standard BB limit of 5-8 trucks, we'll be set for a fine day in the Canyon, with enough time for everyone to work the obstacles.

Afterward, frosty cold snacks will be on me. I'll import from the finest brewery in Dallas, as I do each time we go to west.

Tagging a handful of folks I think would do this trail way better than my junk (this is clearly not an exhaustive list):
@Fastereddie
@mrk5
@Bent77
@6872xtc
@the_blaze
@4door99
@skunked
@ashman
@72gmck5

David
I would be all in for this, but I’m leading Cliffhanger on Saturday. Then again, there mite not be anyone sign up (or show up) for Cliffhanger on Saturday. If for some reason that happens, looks like I got a kickass backup plan.

AgDieseler

Certified Scrap Producer
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Awww Bite Me!!
You know what you can do with that mouth?

This escalated quickly. I love it.

While I am curious to see it and possibly try to see how I can do, am am not sure if i am worthy or skilled enough. You have my attention for sure!
If you have a solid running rig, locked, geared, have the ability to air down a decently sized tire, and a working winch, then good spotting and a patient approach fills out the rest of the ticket. If Kurt and I got it done (with the help from good friends), I feel like you can, too.

Also, I was terrified the day we ran it. Today, I'm excited to go back.

Baller. It will be a great payoff following your transmission rebellion. Looking forward to it.

David

4door99

Still not allowed in the Jeeper club.
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
While I am curious to see it and possibly try to see how I can do, am am not sure if i am worthy or skilled enough. You have my attention for sure!
I’d say if you want to ever try it, nows the time. You’re rig is as capable as any of ours. It’s full bodied like many will be in this group, and we all will be mindful of helping minimize the body damage. This group should move at that same pace that you are use to. There’s a plan to make a full day out of it, and I myself am not going to be hesitant to pull cable when it’s time.

Top Bottom