CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

Here I go

Chevk587

Whiskey bent & Hell bound
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
B1CCEA31-7F45-4995-9168-EACFEB395A3F.jpeg Got all the interior out cut the dash out . Now cage pedal swap for the nv4500 and I’m thinking painless harness kit ... not sure which to get any suggestions?

Bent77

lil meanie
Staff member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Any more input on your build?

Engine
Tires
Planned uses?

:popcorn:

T

tenderfoot

What did you cut the dash with? I once learned, the hard way, to mask off the windshield when using a cut off wheel on a die grinder. Cut a hole for a radio in the dash of a '66 bug and pitted the glass:doah:

Chevk587

Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
In all honesty I originally posted this in the garage and a moderator moved it here lol. It’s ok I originally was gonna do a build thread but thought I was to far into my build to start now but ill just back track and catch up I guess lol.

I’ve owned my k5 since I was eighteen I’ve been through all the stages with this rig no lift big tires to a cheap rough country to larger 35 in tires but now I’ve gotten older not sure about wiser lol but more focused on what I actually want to do with my rig !

I live close to fordyce and rubicon So I decide to build a family crawler out of it ! Started from the bottom swapping my tenbolts for a Dana 60 in the front and fourteen bolt in the rear . 5.13 gear ratio .
Then went with ords 4in lift alcan springs and 2in body lift. My wheels and tires are 17in headlock 2pc made by trail worthy fab good guy there he was super helpful!
Tires are 39in Pitt bulls .

The truck has pretty much sat this way the last few months due to my wedding and the holidays. Now with spring fast approaching I want to be ready to get down so I’ve started my NV4500 swap doubler install and cage I’ll post some pictures later today thanks for all the help and input in advance !

Chevk587

Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
What did you cut the dash with? I once learned, the hard way, to mask off the windshield when using a cut off wheel on a die grinder. Cut a hole for a radio in the dash of a '66 bug and pitted the glass:doah:
I used sheet metal shears worked like a champ !

Fastereddie

Sorry if I offended you. Not.
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Solutions
Reaction score
In all honesty I originally posted this in the garage and a moderator moved it here lol. It’s ok I originally was gonna do a build thread but thought I was to far into my build to start now but ill just back track and catch up I guess lol.

I’ve owned my k5 since I was eighteen I’ve been through all the stages with this rig no lift big tires to a cheap rough country to larger 35 in tires but now I’ve gotten older not sure about wiser lol but more focused on what I actually want to do with my rig !

I live close to fordyce and rubicon So I decide to build a family crawler out of it ! Started from the bottom swapping my tenbolts for a Dana 60 in the front and fourteen bolt in the rear . 5.13 gear ratio .
Then went with ords 4in lift alcan springs and 2in body lift. My wheels and tires are 17in headlock 2pc made by trail worthy fab good guy there he was super helpful!
Tires are 39in Pitt bulls .

The truck has pretty much sat this way the last few months due to my wedding and the holidays. Now with spring fast approaching I want to be ready to get down so I’ve started my NV4500 swap doubler install and cage I’ll post some pictures later today thanks for all the help and input in advance !
That’s cool. I am at the same point, cage and 465/magum swap. By the looks of things you’ll be done before me. :D

Bent77

lil meanie
Staff member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Never to late to make it a build thread!

Fastereddie

Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Solutions
Reaction score
Jeez dude, you were holding out on us!

I didn’t mean for you to back track, but you certainly will get more traffic and input here

And looks to me like some folks are liking what they see
Yep yep!

Chevk587

Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Jeez dude, you were holding out on us!

I didn’t mean for you to back track, but you certainly will get more traffic and input here

And looks to me like some folks are liking what they see
Lol yes and no all of this is spread out through the forum lol.

78K30

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Looking forward to seeing more of this thanks for posting more about it. That is one pretty 205!

Chevk587

Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Looking forward to seeing more of this thanks for posting more about it. That is one pretty 205!
Thanks I swapped input to 32 spline and put twin sticks in!

Fastereddie

Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Solutions
Reaction score
Did you bore that input bearing on the 205 yourself or did you have to pay machine shop? My neighbor has a bridgport mill but I don’t think he has the cutter for that. I need to see what the shop wiould charge

Chevk587

Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Did you bore that input bearing on the 205 yourself or did you have to pay machine shop? My neighbor has a bridgport mill but I don’t think he has the cutter for that. I need to see what the shop wiould charge
Yeah I did it myself I’m a machinist here in the Bay Area!
I also rebuilt the 203 range box the 205 complete the NV4500 completely and both axels lol

Last edited:
Top Bottom