CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

Horton, driveshaft opinions wanted

blazinzuk

Buzzbox voodoo
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
blazinzuk submitted a new Build:

The Horton back on track soon

introducing horton
hortononatrailer.jpg

hortononatrailer1.jpg

That is the start of the exocage I am going to build over the next couple of weeks. The fact that I broke the back window has slowed progress until I could get the window replaced hopefully tommorow.

I will post up with future up dates that include changing the leaf springs in the front finishing the cage, one linking the rear, moving the gas tank (again!)

Specs are as follows 60 14b both with detroits 4.56 gears 56" springs in the front 63s in the rear stock tbi 350 turbo 350 trans 203-205 doubler frame is shortened (started out as a longbox truck). 42" pitbull rockers on recentered h1s. I will go find the threads that I have talked about this truck and link them to this thread. A freind and I built it for him and well he got married and his wife hates the truck so I ended up with it

View attachment 230716

Read more about this build here...

Last edited by a moderator:

blazinzuk

Buzzbox voodoo
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Well with the broken back window I took the cage off to replace the window haven't got the window replaced yet but after some trading and the such.

Horton has new shoes and some new fender trimming 44xreally widex16.5 rockers
hortonsnewshoes.jpg

hortonnewshoes1.jpg

hortonsnewshoes3.jpg

I mounted the tires on some older rims I had I am recentering another set of H1s for these but have to wait to get the rims for about 30 bucks each so the chrome mods will stay on for now.

I only needed to trim a little bit but I plan on modding the firewall alot more to allow for more uptravel.

And really hope to get the cage done soon

sixb

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
Cool truck, what's the wheelbase at? Also those tires are gonna eat your 1 tons:D

blazinzuk

Buzzbox voodoo
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Cool truck, what's the wheelbase at? Also those tires are gonna eat your 1 tons:D

Yah the 42s were cool cause I could beat on it all day and not worry too much about breakage but I am going to have to be carefull with the 44s chro mos and drive flanges here I come!

The wheel base is 122"

Thanks for the compliments guys hopefully I will have the cage done by next weekend

bchellboy

Registered Member
Reaction score
awsome truck man, i'm collecting parts for a similar build. looking forward to see how yours progresses. how are the 4.56's with the 44's?, i'm plannin on 5.13's with 44's but a bb and single case.

ryoken

Puppy Fabricator
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
tad more red to it than most ya see.... I dig, it's about what I'm looking for in a secondary color...

blazinzuk

Buzzbox voodoo
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
sweet...

what specific orange is that?

Krylon pumpkin orange. Primered everything in white first and then the orange. Turned out pretty good for a truck thats going to get beat on quite a bit

Thanks

blazinzuk

Buzzbox voodoo
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Little history here for the next step of my build. The transmission in Horton has been put through hell. It existed in my blazer for about 2 years with 40" tires 4.56 gears and a 203. Then I upgraded to 42s:eek1:.

So I found the need to do a couple neutral drops well as I found turbo 350s don't really like those. I exploded some parts. Took another trans apart replaced the broken parts. I hoped the trans would last longer but it didn't.

I have a friend in Mt. Home who builds transmissions and I knew he would not steer me wrong so after some driving I now have a new trans.

The pic is to show the color I painted it. I was helicoiling the threads as they tend to pull out.

So I now have a new trans and it works great need to move the 1-2 shift point down a couple hundred rpm but other than that it works great with the new doubler this trans should last me a little longer.
transmission.jpg

It is a mostly stock trans with the best parts I had laying around I have a very large cooler just need to get my trans temp gauge put in

sixb

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
Little history here for the next step of my build. The transmission in Horton has been put through hell. It existed in my blazer for about 2 years with 40" tires 4.56 gears and a 203. Then I upgraded to 42s:eek1:.

So I found the need to do a couple neutral drops well as I found turbo 350s don't really like those. I exploded some parts. Took another trans apart replaced the broken parts. I hoped the trans would last longer but it didn't.

I have a friend in Mt. Home who builds transmissions and I knew he would not steer me wrong so after some driving I now have a new trans.

The pic is to show the color I painted it. I was helicoiling the threads as they tend to pull out.

So I now have a new trans and it works great need to move the 1-2 shift point down a couple hundred rpm but other than that it works great with the new doubler this trans should last me a little longer.
transmission.jpg

It is a mostly stock trans with the best parts I had laying around I have a very large cooler just need to get my trans temp gauge put in

That wouldn't be Bowmans or Lumpdog would it:D

blazinzuk

Buzzbox voodoo
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
That wouldn't be Bowmans or Lumpdog would it:D

Yep Chris Bowman also known as Lumpdog. I am very hard on my stuff, so Chris was the only guy I wanted to work on my transmission. Plus he is a super cool guy

sawzall

Registered Member
Reaction score
Sick truck!! so i'm curious about the narrowed front end. How much did you narrow it? how did you get your fenders to line up with the doors so well? and do you still have the heater box and everything?

Top Bottom