New to me '99 F350 Dually 7.3L

Truckman4life

3/4 Ton Status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Weighed the big girl on the scale at work the other day. 8600 lbs with me, full tank of fuel, toolbox full of tools and a fifth wheel in the bed. Not too bad.

JoshHefnerX

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty jealous of that truck. Been looking around for a tow vehicle.. Where do you live?? :thinking: :rotfl:

Truckman4life

3/4 Ton Status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Weekend camping trip about 2 hrs south off the interstate. @ZooMad75 knows this area. Holy crap was it busy though. Stupid covid shit has everywhere crowded as shit that used to be fun to go and get away. I wedged the big pig down some srw width roads that had a good tall edge on both sides so a lot of the time I was riding on outer duals only with the inners hanging in the air.

20210501_165237.jpg 20210501_182035.jpg 20210501_182121.jpg 20210501_182132.jpg 20210501_182136.jpg 20210501_182141.jpg 20210501_165242.jpg

mrk5

The Sticker Guy
Vendor
GMOTM Winner
Author
Reaction score
Weekend camping trip about 2 hrs south off the interstate. @ZooMad75 knows this area. Holy crap was it busy though. Stupid covid shit has everywhere crowded as shit that used to be fun to go and get away.
Everywhere we've gone recently has been overrun with side by sides. I think it's a requirement they have to hit the trails with at least 6 side by side in a group.

ZooMad75

#crawlabago
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Everywhere we've gone recently has been overrun with side by sides. I think it's a requirement they have to hit the trails with at least 6 side by side in a group.
That is one main draw to the national parks like canyonlands. No ATVs. But campsites are have to be reserved and you can't have more than 3 vehicles to a group. Just requires a little more planning but worth not dealing with the fools on sxs's.

Truckman4life

3/4 Ton Status
Premium Member
Reaction score
They looked at me kinda funny when I came down the same trail with a dually that's 100" wide outback. Also had to go through some of those under freeway square cement tunnels and they gave me funny looks coming out of them.

ZooMad75

#crawlabago
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
They looked at me kinda funny when I came down the same trail with a dually that's 100" wide outback. Also had to go through some of those under freeway square cement tunnels and they gave me funny looks coming out of them.
The couple side by sides we ran into on Fix It Pass were less than polite. To them we shouldn't have been on the trail and we should have all got out of the way to let them by. Had it not been on the only semi-difficult part of the trail with zero spots to move out of their way we might have let them. As it was we took our time navigating the section one at a time.

I'm not a fan of those rigs, but respect goes a long way on the trail. Be nice to us, we will return the favor. But be an ass and we can drag our feet with the best of them.

We did have 11 rigs together, but it was a Monday in the middle of nowhere. We didn't expect to run into anyone on a Monday.

JoshHefnerX

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've got a sxs, and I have always been surprised at how much faster they are comfortably capable of driving than full-size trucks. I try to be polite out on the trails. I let faster people pass me and it does also get frustrating when stuck behind some very slow people on straight flat graded roads.

Everyone needs to be courteous, and it seems to be in short supply often.

max 02

N.E.D.
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
I never had a problem with quads or dirt bikes and I rode them too. I’d come across a group of guys in trucks or whatever when I was on a quad or bike I always though it was fun to watch them for a bit. Or vis versa. I thought It was all part of the fun!
But now horse people drove me insane! Self righteous c#nts!

mrk5

The Sticker Guy
Vendor
GMOTM Winner
Author
Reaction score
I've got a sxs, and I have always been surprised at how much faster they are comfortably capable of driving than full-size trucks. I try to be polite out on the trails. I let faster people pass me and it does also get frustrating when stuck behind some very slow people on straight flat graded roads.

Everyone needs to be courteous, and it seems to be in short supply often.
What bothers me most is the people going off trail, sometimes by a lot, to go around.

Top Bottom