Register an account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members.
Well, I just spent over an hour talking to them, so yeah pretty cool. They showed me a bunch of different things they are running ORI struts on, including their race truck.
They want to sell me the same struts they are using on the race truck, but I'm also seeing if they can work a deal on the last gen struts they just took off.
Still pricing things out, but the ORI's are looking pretty good right now. Completely tunable with a little nitrogen, no need for external bump stops, and expert advice 15 min from my house is pretty tough to beat.
pretty close, but that's a pretty big wallet open. I'm going to give it a few days at least to see if anything changes my mind.
Pigeonrat can officially move under it's own power finally, so it's off the lift for the first time in months. I promised myself that once I got to this point, I'd take care of a bunch of other things that have been put on hold for far too long. This will give me time to decide on where to spend the money next.
One thing that complicates things is that beams are not equal length. I used the FOA spring rate calculator on both sides and this is what it came up with.
That's about a 25% difference in spring rate. That seems rather implausible. I'm fairly certain that the Bronco this axle came out of did not have different springs left/right.