CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

(Re)Introducing CFM Industries!!

CFMi

CFM Industries, LLC / TnA
Vendor
Reaction score
Hey all you CK5 members! It's been quite a while since I've been on here, and I apologize for that.

Quick Story:
It began a few years back when the owner of the building I was operating out of came to me and told me I had a month to get out because he had decided to move out of the state and was selling the building. At the time I didn't have many options, and the cost of commercial building space is just astronomical out here in the Denver area, so I rented a large storage unit until I could find a better option. After searching for a while and not coming up with a good space, I decided to go back to my roots and perform general Auto Repair to pay the bills.
I was in auto repair for a little while, and then realized that I could do it out of my storage unit, and so I broke out on my own again. Then Covid hit - and the repair business suffered greatly. So I started focusing on 4x4 builds and products again - and have had a little success with some Toyota and Jeep parts.

Currently:
I just purchased a new 3D scanner, a new Press Brake, and a new CNC Tube bender and am wanting to "ramp up" the manufacturing aspect of the business again. With the new tooling, along with the capabilities I already had, I think we can really grow the product offerings at a very high quality level and keep up with demand.

Current Capabilities:
-CNC Plasma Table
-NC Press Brake (45 ton x 5')
-CNC Tube Bender (up to 3" OD Tube)
-small CNC Mill/Lathe Combo Unit
-3D Scanner
-Large Bead Roller
-Sandblast Cabinet
-3D Printer (FDM type)
-3D Solid Modeling Software (mainly Autodesk Inventor Professional & Bend Tech)
-MIG Welders, TIG Welder, all the general fabrication tools
-FULLY equipped auto repair shop tools & equipment as well

Future Equipment Wants:
-Large Powdercoating oven
-Fiber Laser or Waterjet to upgrade the Plasma table for better quality parts
-Larger CNC Mill & Lathe

QUESTIONS FOR YOU ALL:
So I've already been making and selling quite a few Squarebody products over the years, but need to get into designing more...
-I'm going to start going through my existing products and "re-releasing" them with better designs, or at least updated designs to take advantage of the new shop equipment.
-Ideas for new products include: Rear Bumpers, New versions of the front bumper, Engine crossmembers for older generations, Transmission crossmembers, Front & Rear 4-link mounts/crossmembers, shock mounts/coilover mounts, etc...

-What are some products that you all are looking for?
-What are some other ideas that you might have for products that you think would sell?
-Do you have "other" product ideas (I'm open to discussing most) - fire pits, shooting targets, ????

Talk to me guys!

-Sincerely,
Darren

nvrenuf

Klaatu barada nikto
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Will you still produce the gas tank skid plate?

Idea: a bracket to move the steering box forward 2"-3" (to help with long spring swaps).

Bent77

curmudgeon Status
Staff member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Hey Darren, welcome back!

located in NoCo again?

CFMi

CFM Industries, LLC / TnA
Vendor
Reaction score
Will you still produce the gas tank skid plate?

Idea: a bracket to move the steering box forward 2"-3" (to help with long spring swaps).

Yes, we have been making the gas tank skid all along - it's listed on the website currently. Shipping is a killer on it though!! It's heavy, lol ;)

Moving the steering box forward is a good idea. I had the idea long ago to make a replacement front crossmember (the one the sway-bar bolts to) that incorporated ultra HD steering box mounting, so making two versions one with the factory steering box location and one with it moved forward wouldn't be out of the realm of possibilites.

Hey Darren, welcome back!

located in NoCo again?

Thanks!! And yes, in Frederick, CO at the moment.

nvrenuf

Klaatu barada nikto
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Yes, we have been making the gas tank skid all along - it's listed on the website currently. Shipping is a killer on it though!! It's heavy, lol ;)

Moving the steering box forward is a good idea. I had the idea long ago to make a replacement front crossmember (the one the sway-bar bolts to) that incorporated ultra HD steering box mounting, so making two versions one with the factory steering box location and one with it moved forward wouldn't be out of the realm of possibilites.

Thanks!! And yes, in Frederick, CO at the moment.

I guess I need to be saving / rolling my pennies for a tank skid.

That crossmember sounds like a great idea! Man, that would solve problems for a few folks. I'd love to get on that program. ;)

Top Bottom