CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

Zoo'z Zoo, the Saturday add a trail (less difficult)

ZooMad75

#crawlabago
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
I'm working on getting my ass to Moab for the fun as I'll be missing our desert trip this year. Problem is I'm wheeling the Crawlabago and it's probably less than wise to tackle any of the Saturday trail choices. I don't want to beat up my home on wheels or delay the group due to me getting in over my head.

So I put the question out to the masses. Is there any interest in a more sheet metal friendly trail and less intense challenges to go over?

I know I'm not the only guy that would rather not wrinkle the tin but still have a fun time. I'm thinking something along the lines of hell's but not doing hell's again. It has challenges, but the more severe stuff could be bypassed.

Any idea which trail? I had a thought of top of the world, but open to ideas.

Bent77

lil meanie
Staff member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
He said something profane and something about 40” tires and broken stuff

Capt Ron

Minus .7 liters
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
I am already signed up for Crack N Back for Saturday but I would be happy to change to Hells or any other trail with Zoo. #Crawlabago/gotchyourback.

ktmoutfront

Blazer Bash presented by 3W Fabrication
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
It being my first time to Moab I would be down. Plus I don't want to scare my wife too much and I have to drive my junk 1000 miles home.
...let the roasting begin...:whistle:
No roasting will happen. We are all about everyone enjoying their time and getting back home.

ZooMad75

#crawlabago
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
@ZooMad75 find a trail you would like to lead and let me know.
Looks like I volunteered myself huh? I could do that. I've lead people out into the desert a couple times.. Bring water and food folks because if I make a wrong turn it could be days.
It being my first time to Moab I would be down. Plus I don't want to scare my wife too much and I have to drive my junk 1000 miles home.
...let the roasting begin...:whistle:
No roasting here. Driving a 40+ year old truck to Moab, wheeling and driving back home is no small feat. We may not be crazy for doing the really hard stuff, but it's just as nuts to do what we do without the security of a trailer to get your junk home if you break.

I personally love chewing up miles in my square, paved or dirt. But in the end I have to drive it back so the adult has to reign in my inner teenager that was thinking about going on Crack n Back. The adult had a little help from señor Bent today. Hence this thread.

So being democratic and all what's some other thoughts on trail choice besides top of the world?

Moab veterans? What else could be a target? We get enough ideas I'll add a poll and we can vote on it.

Desert_K5

1/2 ton status
Vendor
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
I've only been on part of Crack & Back with the ORD guys. That was an awesome experience and one I would not do with a camper.

Bent77

lil meanie
Staff member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
I've only been on part of Crack & Back with the ORD guys. That was an awesome experience and one I would not do with a camper.
That’s what I told him as well. Some balance issues and rough spots might knock the panels off that TP

Top Bottom