CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

94 Z28 coupe

JoshHefnerX

3/4 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Cant See Cheech Marin GIF

Bent77

lil meanie
Staff member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Changed the throttle body, now need to get it sorted out. Throttle blades are slicking in the bore. When I recentered them it seemed better until I drove it

Beyond that, I did upload the one tune that GM produced as a service update while the vehicle was still under warranty
This changes the downshift parameters on the 3>2, but strangly enough also cuts fuel across the entire fuel map, 7% in some places.
Figured I would let it deal with those changes and sort itself back to normal before I start on correcting the tuning at idle. Seems to be fairly common to add as much as 10 degrees timing off idle to get to 34*

Last edited:

Bent77

lil meanie
Staff member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Use Loctite on those throttle blade screws! Personal experience.....
You know it! Right now sanding the throttle blades. Once it cycles good I’ll glue those back in lol

Bent77

lil meanie
Staff member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Radiused all the edges of the throttle plates and drilled the screw holes a bit bigger. Seems good on the bench, guess we’ll start over after the dog appt

Bent77

lil meanie
Staff member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
I’ve had it off 6-7 times. Acts like the throttle shaft or blades still. Trying to recenter the blades has no effect

Fastereddie

Sorry if I offended you. Not.
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Solutions
Reaction score
So it’s good on the bench but no good on the car? Is the gasket hanging it up? Maybe it’s warped and goes funky when you tighten it down??

Bent77

lil meanie
Staff member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
New, other than me messing with it with sand paper and dremel. No returns now

It sits back from the gasket a ways, and I'd "think" the block of aluminum would be solid enough to not warp. At this point I'm putting the original one back on. Might disassemble it and check the shaft. Even unhooked the cruise cable thinking that was the hangup.
Might see if I can buy a replacement set of throttle plates or even a used one

Kind of frustrating

6872xtc

make mine modified
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Do you think that the blades are wedging when the throttle snaps closed? Could you test this by adjusting the throttle stop somehow? (Since I don't know if it has an adjustable throttle stop)

That would be more than frustrating, but at least you are handling it well.

Bent77

lil meanie
Staff member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
I’ve messed with the stop adjustment ad infinitum, relearning the IAC. Just sticks

Bent77

lil meanie
Staff member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Did not think so, but was going to try and replicate it so I could test

6872xtc

make mine modified
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
I’ve messed with the stop adjustment ad infinitum, relearning the IAC. Just sticks
Ahh. Ok. I was thinking that maybe scotch brite on the edges of the blades could help if the stop adjustment told you anything.
Guess not.

tRustyK5

Big meanie
Staff member
Super Moderator
GMOTM Winner
Author
Reaction score
Is it possible it's something in the throttle cable portion? a bit of a fray somewhere, or a kink or something?

Bent77

lil meanie
Staff member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Nah, everything was copacetic with the factory TB. Moving the TPS, no bind there. Gotta pull it off

Fastereddie

Sorry if I offended you. Not.
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Solutions
Reaction score
Nah, everything was copacetic with the factory TB. Moving the TPS, no bind there. Gotta pull it off
Wait, could the blades be catching on the plenum? I remember porting the crap out of mine when I put the 58 on there

Top Bottom