BB/Moab Virgins

mrk5

The Sticker Guy
Vendor
GMOTM Winner
Author
Reaction score
@mrk5 are you running a ford lug pattern? Haha never mind it’s not your crew cab
Yeah, you caught it. That was a Super Duty driven by a friend of a regular attendee at that time. I'm not even sure how he managed to get into that position.

AugustDiesel

Rusty Cedar & Co.
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Any recommendations for spare parts and tools to bring? I have a general idea but wanted to get thoughts from everyone else...

Bent77

lil meanie
Staff member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Tire
Axle shafts if you have them
U joints
Oils, pan. Rags
Every tool you HAVE to use to disassemble the axles
Anything specific to your platform (ie glow plugs et al)

AugustDiesel

Rusty Cedar & Co.
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Tire
Axle shafts if you have them
U joints
Oils, pan. Rags
Every tool you HAVE to use to disassemble the axles
Anything specific to your platform (ie glow plugs et al)

Shafts I don’t have, but can look into it. Fronts are 4340 all 35 spline. Rears are factory original.

Ujoints I can get.

Got all the oils and I’m guessing you’re referring to a catch pan for changing oils if needed?

Tools shouldn’t be a problem

Thanks!

Bent77

lil meanie
Staff member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Shafts I don’t have, but can look into it. Fronts are 4340 all 35 spline. Rears are factory original.

Ujoints I can get.

Got all the oils and I’m guessing you’re referring to a catch pan for changing oils if needed?

Tools shouldn’t be a problem

Thanks!
Not saying you won’t break anything up front, but those parts are pretty good. Pack some common sense and you may not need spares

AugustDiesel

Rusty Cedar & Co.
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Not saying you won’t break anything up front, but those parts are pretty good. Pack some common sense and you may not need spares

That was the general idea behind the parts I chose for the front axle. I built it not to break. I would probably need to drop another grand for a full set of spare shafts just for the front. And as @ktmoutfront said ...

This is probably the most important item you should mount in your truck.

View attachment 343344

I have to drive it home, 2000 miles one way, and I need to make sure my wife and young boys have a good time. Broken parts is not their idea of a good time. :whistle:

So I’m perfectly happy to err on the side of caution and take the bypass whenever possible.

AugustDiesel

Rusty Cedar & Co.
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
I have been wheeling a 7000 pound truck on 35's for 14 years on a stock 10 bolt. Only damage has been bending them when I jump it.

The prior owner of my truck jumped it, blew a hole in the transmission case and grenaded the welded 10 bolt. I still have choice words for him, lol.

Bent77

lil meanie
Staff member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
We call your engine “ol floaty”

84k5oleyeller

1 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Noob question alert:D let’s say I’m able to make it out to blazer bash. Is there any side by sides aloud there with the ck5 group or is it only full-size rides. I would like to make it out there with my k5 but if my dad and friend tagged along would they be able to bring a rzr on the trails.

Top Bottom