BB/Moab Virgins

oatsk5

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
After 7 years of not owning a square body, I’m hoping to attend with my family and our new (to us) burb.
I’ve just got to spend a little more time and money making sure it will be reliable. Until I get more heavy duty components underneath it, I’ll probably be there enjoying the scenery more than the difficulty.

I was never able to get time off work when I had my K5... even with 70jimmy as my supervisor. Now I am working for myself and hopefully can make it out there. View attachment 345447

Do it you'll be fine.

fastazz81

Gnome recovery vehicle
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Between the scenery, people, and the other trucks it’s worth it !

B.N.Z.MTNS

Elevation 8,500’
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just get there! sometimes too much emphasis is placed on doing the tough trails...thats fine for those that have been there multiple times, but taking in the beauty and scenery and enjoying an easy or moderate trail is a Great way to experience Moab too.
Look forward to seeing you there!

Between the scenery, people, and the other trucks it’s worth it !

It’s kinda funny, I live closer to Moab than most CK5’ers, but have only been there once on a 2 day, dual sport motorcycle trip. We always enjoy time around our local mountains and trails when we have free time, but rarely make the short trek across the state line to Utah.

It’s a good reason to get over though.

ZooMad75

#crawlabago
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
It’s kinda funny, I live closer to Moab than most CK5’ers, but have only been there once on a 2 day, dual sport motorcycle trip. We always enjoy time around our local mountains and trails when we have free time, but rarely make the short trek across the state line to Utah.

It’s a good reason to get over though.
Dude, if Capt Ron and I can wheel our K5 campers over hells and flat iron, your Sub will do just fine.

This is for anybody who is new to Moab been there, trail leaders know the lines and will not put you on a path to failure. Listen to them. They helped me greatly over the two trail days. They know the different lines that some can take and some should not. Not every truck can take the same line for multiple reasons. Ours were unique with the higher CG than most K5's so sometimes we took very different lines than most so we would avoid problems.

They were not trying to kill our fun, but keeping us from potentially killing everyone's fun dealing with a major mishap. These are big groups to get through fun stuff and everyone wants to get cool pics wheeling through the obstacles and that eats time. The trail leaders have the responsibility to keep the group moving so listening to them is needed to keep the overall group moving.

These guys do a great job that don't always get the recognition they deserve. Large groups on a trail is a lot like herding cats. But they do it and make it fun for everyone, seasoned Moab vets and noobs alike.

Have fun most of all. Moab traction is addictive.

mrk5

The Sticker Guy
Vendor
GMOTM Winner
Author
Reaction score
I think the biggest mental hurdle is the Moab bump. It can be hard to let yourself roll into and up over a ledge without stopping when your tires hit the ledge. So when the spotter tells you to throttle thru, it's a real thing.

B.N.Z.MTNS

Elevation 8,500’
Premium Member
Reaction score
You will be fine, I have done both trails several times. I have seen you drive.

I’m not worried about my abilities especially with a crew of good spotters, I’m just hoping the burb will hold together. It was built up about 15 years ago and has been mostly sitting for the last 7 or 8 years until I got it.
Since I didn’t do all the work, I don’t want to have something go wrong and be the guy with the broke rig holding everybody up. I’ll just have to do my best to make sure everything is up on maintenance and tight.
:hack: :grind:
I should know in the next week or two if I can make it.

500$k5

wallet under gas pedal
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
After 7 years of not owning a square body, I’m hoping to attend with my family and our new (to us) burb.
I’ve just got to spend a little more time and money making sure it will be reliable. Until I get more heavy duty components underneath it, I’ll probably be there enjoying the scenery more than the difficulty.

I was never able to get time off work when I had my K5... even with 70jimmy as my supervisor. Now I am working for myself and hopefully can make it out there. View attachment 345447
Hope you can get to go Brian. Would love to see you there!

shawnboymoody

Registered Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hey guys wanted to do a quick introduction, names Shawn Moody from Charleston SC. This will be my first Blazer Bash God willing, been wanting to do this for years. Been a member on CK5 since '05 but I've been mostly just lurking in the shadows I guess. Just renewed my paid membership so I reckon you'll be seeing more of me now lol. Here's my CUCV Blazer. 6.2 diesel SM465/205 Dana 60, Van 14 bolt, 4.56s with Detroit's, 38 TSL's on H1's. So looking forward to this trip and meeting all of you. Bringing my wife and my 18 year old son out with me.

FB_IMG_1595017390962.jpg

imiceman44

Hoarder extraordinaire
Premium Member
Reaction score
I’m not worried about my abilities especially with a crew of good spotters, I’m just hoping the burb will hold together. It was built up about 15 years ago and has been mostly sitting for the last 7 or 8 years until I got it.
Since I didn’t do all the work, I don’t want to have something go wrong and be the guy with the broke rig holding everybody up. I’ll just have to do my best to make sure everything is up on maintenance and tight.
:hack: :grind:
I should know in the next week or two if I can make it.
Been there done that.
This time I am building my own from ground up

Jonah Gregg

Registered Member
Reaction score
I'm Jonah This will be my first time to BB and to Moab. I'll be with my wife and kids but other than that I won't know anyone... other than a couple dudes I follow on IG but I dont know them personally. IDK of any of my heavy chevy friends from SoCal are going to male it.

My rig is a 1970 k20 burb. ZZ4 350 / 4l80e / 203-205 doubler on 37's locked front and rear.

I'm looking forward to seeing all the rigs and meeting my fellow enthusiasts! See ya there!

Bent77

lil meanie
Staff member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
I'm Jonah This will be my first time to BB and to Moab. I'll be with my wife and kids but other than that I won't know anyone... other than a couple dudes I follow on IG but I dont know them personally. IDK of any of my heavy chevy friends from SoCal are going to male it.

My rig is a 1970 k20 burb. ZZ4 350 / 4l80e / 203-205 doubler on 37's locked front and rear.

I'm looking forward to seeing all the rigs and meeting my fellow enthusiasts! See ya there!
Hey Jonah! I’m the one you’ve talked to on the IG account for Blazerbash. Welcome aboard!

This event is pretty low key. We do a BBQ on Friday night (albeit may be strange this year due to C19)

Everyone gets name tags, everyone is pretty cool

Last edited:

Bent77

lil meanie
Staff member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score

Side note, I’m excited to see this Burb in person!

ktmoutfront

Blazer Bash presented by 3W Fabrication
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score

It is always fun to have new people show up. I get tired of the same faces every year.

Get signed up soon. T shirt sales end August 15th.

Last edited:

Jonah Gregg

Registered Member
Reaction score
I have a question for the veterans here... I have a couple reservations right now one at Arch View RV resort and the Moab KOA I was trying to get a spot at Moab Valley RV resort but apparently someone bought up a bunch of spaces... maybe a ck5'er ? Anyhow if anyone knows about that and can get me a spot there (assuming that's where mosts of the b-bashers are staying) that would be cool. Otherwise I'm wondering which one I should keep, the KOA which is on the south edge of town or Arch View which is further North and in the middle of nowhere.

Any advice would be appreciated.

I'll get signed up and order my shirts right away.

Top Bottom