CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

Got any cool tools lately?

TerryD

Mildly demented...
Premium Member
Reaction score
Our dining room plans changed. Prices have gone up so much we decided to just paint it and do the trim ourselves. So I picked up a nailer and oscillating saw to help put it up.

View attachment 382008

View attachment 382007

I should have bought a nailer 10 years ago. Man that's nice...
Man I should have bought these years ago. I replaced a window sill Monday and had to trim the molding to fit the new sill and that oscillating tool worked a treat!

And there's no doing trim without a nail gun again!

imiceman44

Hoarder extraordinaire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Man I should have bought these years ago. I replaced a window sill Monday and had to trim the molding to fit the new sill and that oscillating tool worked a treat!

And there's no doing trim without a nail gun again!
I love the oscillating tool, got one 10 years ago

nvrenuf

I grind my welds.
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
what dem is?

Nvm, google is my friend. Firbeall has some neat stuff.

Last edited:

ktmoutfront

Blazer Bash presented by 3W Fabrication
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
@ktmoutfront how them step bits doing for you on a every day need ?

mine are still doing good the 20-30 times i have used them since i got them .
I have been using them daily. The small one gets used the most. I have done everything from 22g aluminum, 24g stainless up to 11g steel. No issues yet. They do like a pilot hole to keep them from walking.

Big Ray

1 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
i can tell you i had around a 7/16" pilot hole in some 1/2" total thickness stuff . i grabbed the one for 3/4" and my old j.c.penny hand drill thats 5amps and 0-650 rpm went threw there like it was butter . i have never used a step bit that eat metal this easy and fast . now how long they last will find out .

i think the biggest thing these days is drills spin to dam fast and you smoke bits . i have found my bits last longer cause i use 1 of 3 drills . 650 max / 1,000 max / 400 max . in the past with drills doing 2,500-up i tend to smoke bits even with oil of some kind . now i use these slower drills and oil i only have problems if i get stupid with them .

Best drill I ever had was a 900 rpm I-R pneumatic.

Cut anything perfectly every time.
Ex kept it. Bitch.

Never been able to find another....

TerryD

Mildly demented...
Premium Member
Reaction score
Picked this up from a buddy today.

20210828_125236.jpg

The cart sucked so I grabbed a HF cart for it today. I've got to get my little shop vac rigged up to filter it tomorrow and mount it solid to the cart.

I'm thinking about cutting out under it on the cart so I can dump the media easily.

It should be a nice cabinet to do little stuff.

Top Bottom