CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

Got any cool tools lately?

shady

1 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
The drive shaft? Seems fine.
My only issue so far is there's a roll pin sheared in the table up/down crank :doah:

Shouldn't be hard to fix though.

Probably why it's so cheap. Open box item.

kennyw

@N9PHW, @chop.shop.squarebody on IG
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
I built a cart to borrow my friends hydraulic hose fitting crimp tool. This is top heavy and nearly killed him the last time he used it. Now it rolls smooth and is very stable.

20211019_160912.jpg

shady

1 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Fixed the table on that drill press.
They just left a couple spacers out when they put it together. 30 min and a couple washers it's all good :waytogo:

mrk5

The Sticker Guy
Vendor
GMOTM Winner
Author
Reaction score
We're working on our first big stainless steel project. We purchased a tool called a Tig Brush. It cleans and passivates our mig welds on the stainless. The frame in front has been cleaned and the one behind would be the before cleaning.

2021-10-12 07.59.40.jpg

20211005_130105.jpg

It uses electric current to do its magic and you can see the sparks on the brush tip.

After the step in the video, you rinse it off with water. You can also spray a neutralizer on it.

You can also use Tig Brush with a special stencil to etch or burn in artwork.

mrk5

The Sticker Guy
Vendor
GMOTM Winner
Author
Reaction score
@mrk5 it looks like you're dipping the brush in something?
Yes, there's a chemical that the brush is dipped in. It's all supposed to be non-toxic stuff. There is a pretty decent odor, but you only need light gloves and eye protection while using it. Due to the smell, we like to do it outside. Plus the concrete didn't react well to the stuff that dripped on it; it left white stains.

You don't brush hard either, just lightly brush over the areas.

Fastereddie

Sorry if I offended you. Not.
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Solutions
Reaction score
I got to use one of these this weekend at HumpNBump to weld my buddies trailing arm back together. I’ve always wanted a trail welder, but didn’t like the idea of having to disconnect all my battery connections and being tied to the truck. Needless to say, this will be my next purchase. I was Very impressed.
9938908D-8EE1-4326-9219-BB38C8BE94BE.jpeg

scouthead

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
before they were small and used air, they were the size of a shopping cart and used inert bottled gasses from cylinders??

I had really good luck with a crappy Chinese plasma torch- only using the little 3 inch plastic water separator on the back of it...
It used a fair amount of air, and was 208-230V, but for trail repairs, wouldn't really be expecting clean cuts on 5/8 plate

In today's world of on board air, and people carrying bottled co2 on the trail, there has to be a way to make something small and useable that runs off 24 volt DC??

Top Bottom