CK5
Register an account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members.

LSX454 swapped 95 BASS burb.

Little lower, little cooler, bigger sounds.
I've only shattered the internals of 2.
Possibly working on the 3rd I guess now lol.
But, I have never cracked the whole case.
That's gotta be worth at least 2 or 3 Zim lol.
 
First of all, are you sure that shift selector shaft isn't brass and you chewed it up shifting? I recently went through the mystery brass game with my 700 and never solved it 100%. I accounted for every bushing and thrust washer in the thing. Greg had the converter cut open and decided it was probably (not definitely) from brazing in there. The local trans shop told me it was probably already in the transmission cooler before I put the trans in, but I actually replaced the radiator in between.

It would be interesting to know if there could be a correlation between an improperly assembled selector shaft and damage to a bushing or thrust washer.

https://coretransmissionparts.com/b...g-failure-brass-in-pan-catch-early-or-rebuild
 
The shaft is steel. And there appeared to be no damage to it or the detent cam.
Zoom in on the pics.
Even so, I'd have to chew and end off completely to get that much metal. :dunno:

Some of the metal was real thin 1/8" round or so shavings. Like carbibe tip steel saw blade would make. So I could see it coming from the converter brazing. But I'd think you'd find it more from a cheap Saturday night special one or something. Not a reputable custom trans shop.
But things happen. New hires, apprentices, etc.
So who knows.
 
So.... I did a thing.
Just a test. Haven't made my mind up though.... :thinking: :dunno:
IMG_20261006_130155433_HDR.jpgIMG_20261006_130152238_HDR.jpgIMG_20261006_125501705_HDR.jpg

Or...
IMG_20261006_130209836_HDR.jpgIMG_20261006_125249882_HDR.jpg

So far I like the black, just not the chrome centers. Because I'm not a chrome dude.

My goal was see if I like em, and get the clips that would make these work.
I could deal with that amount.Screenshot_20261006-153618.png
 
I had wanted a darker bronze but couldn't find any in a spray can in town.

The bigger issue, is they don't work well with the drop spindles lol.
The back of the wheel lip hits the A arm.
See the notches from the little bit I moved it around.:doah:IMG_20261006_125808813_HDR.jpg

I seen a thread on another site that says you can trim those angled parts back a bit and clear.
If I decide to stay with the steelies I'll do that.
 
Nope I still like the oem 8 lugs and centers.
BUTTTT
It’s your truck!
 
I'm going to run the black ones for a while I think.
See if the caps grow on me.
I tried to buy new ones but they don't seem to make them or something :dunno:
All I could find were these. Screenshot_20261006-155533.png
And I did buy a set. But I'm not thrilled with them.
To 4x4 looking.
Thought about a black chrome kit on them, with satin black center a disc..
But its the shape.

May have to go to the JY and find some good stock ones for now. One of these got crunched.
Front passenger.
 
Bronze looks out of place with all the gray and black body work, and the black looks like a police vehicle.
 
I was going to try the beauty rings yet. But they're like 2" wide ones.
I'd rather have the thin set.
But the ones I got would give me an idea of what it'd look like.

This pic I kinda like the bronze, because it looks darker.
More like the color I wanted. IMG_20261006_124722261_HDR.jpg
But once sun it's it's a big NO. Lol.
 
Really, I like the 20's most.
But I can only get so skinny on those lol.
I'm hoping it turns these 245's to smoke without the fun button :waytogo:
 

Latest Posts

Top Bottom