CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

Sell the Cadi? Sell the Cutty?

• Cutty

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cadi

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Neither

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Both

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters

1 ton status
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
It's too bad you didn't find an '81-'84 SM465/NP208 donor truck. This would have been much simpler.

Martin

campfire

Adventure is out there!
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's too bad you didn't find an '81-'84 SM465/NP208 donor truck. This would have been much simpler.

Martin
that would have been too perfect haha

I have an '85 SM465 sitting in my barn right now. 6-bolt round-pattern T-case output, standardized length adapter (you can reuse your original, good driveshafts and T-case).

00505_bemykqwuurr_600x450-jpg.220745

I'm keeping the hydraulic bell housing, cross member, and T-case, but I have no use for the tranny or adapter. And it just might make your life a bunch easier if I'm not too late.

P.S. - the Adapter does not appear to be cracked, either.

KSSIII

Registered Member
Reaction score
I have an '85 SM465 sitting in my barn right now. 6-bolt round-pattern T-case output, standardized length adapter (you can reuse your original, good driveshafts and T-case).

00505_bemykqwuurr_600x450-jpg.220745

I'm keeping the hydraulic bell housing, cross member, and T-case, but I have no use for the tranny or adapter. And it just might make your life a bunch easier if I'm not too late.

P.S. - the Adapter does not appear to be cracked, either.

I hoping I don't have to swap the transmission again for at least a year. I pretty much have it all put together, and hopefully tommorrow can movev it :D

KSSIII

Registered Member
Reaction score
It does look like progress, though.

What's wrong with the clutch?

I'm having a little trouble setting up the mechanism from the bell crank to the clutch fork. I just need a whole new mechanical linkage kit

KSSIII

Registered Member
Reaction score
How likely is it that the transmission was regeared,... comming from a mudtruck

KSSIII

Registered Member
Reaction score
There are no alternate gear ratio options for an SM465.

I hope so, the rpms just seem higher than they should be. I wonder if it's a common thing for murders to swap out the gears in a transmission for mudding purposes

campfire

Adventure is out there!
Premium Member
Reaction score
I hope so, the rpms just seem higher than they should be

That would be set by the axle gearing & tire size. The tranny ratios aren't adjustable, and I'm not aware of any alternative gear sets for the SM465 case.

Aim for higher gears (smaller number) or larger tires if you want to get the engine speed down. Or switch to an O/D transmission like I did. :pimp:

campfire

Adventure is out there!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Still got the original axel in 3.08

Running stock 31" tires? That should be a decent combination. It's a little high for a street cruising machine, but not too bad. My K10 runs 3.08s with 29" tires and a 0.7 overdrive, but that is the economy cruising package, not the tow rig package.

Did you have the truck running with the original TH400? That would have been spinning faster yet due to the non-locking torque converter.

KSSIII

Registered Member
Reaction score
Running stock 31" tires? That should be a decent combination. It's a little high for a street cruising machine, but not too bad. My K10 runs 3.08s with 29" tires and a 0.7 overdrive, but that is the economy cruising package, not the tow rig package.

Did you have the truck running with the original TH400? That would have been spinning faster yet due to the non-locking torque converter.

I drove it home with the th400, yeah it's weird, this thing is still kicking my ass lol

Top Bottom