CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

PLAN B

This build was 2 parts 1 i have a truck I made to pretty to wheel so I'm building an ugly one I can actually enjoy. And 2. My cousin has been trying to join us for blazer bash but his truck wont be ready so we are surprising him with this one

the_blaze

Nightmare / Plan B
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
the_blaze submitted a new Build:

PLAN B

I have a truck I made to pretty to wheel so I'm building an ugly one I can actually enjoy. This doubles as a build my friend can take down to bb17 if his isn't finished.

Currently bone stock. Looking for cheap free or crazy ideas to get it moad ready asap we only have 66 days and little money to make this happen!

Any ideas would be great.

Read more about this build here...

the_blaze

Nightmare / Plan B
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
The water pump went out so I replaced it, no big deal right? I guess the gasket moved and I didn't notice now I have a bigger leak lol.
It's all good.
I may have found a donor truck with a 6" lift and 3/4 ton axles I can rob. That would make this project go much faster and I can throw on my older 37" tires on it
20170706_064501_zpsbpwf7klq.jpg

Last edited:

the_blaze

Nightmare / Plan B
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Added some pictures to show the bone stock truck as it sits today, can't wait to see how crazy this gets.

the_blaze

Nightmare / Plan B
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Turns it the new water pump was defective and that's why it leaked. I swapped it and we are back in business.

Anyone driving these 80s tbi blazers know an easy way to get power? This thing is a PIG. I mean wow it's slow lol it's bone stock so I'm up for anything.

Bent77

lil meanie
Staff member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Turns it the new water pump was defective and that's why it leaked. I swapped it and we are back in business.

Anyone driving these 80s tbi blazers know an easy way to get power? This thing is a PIG. I mean wow it's slow lol it's bone stock so I'm up for anything.
Not unless you wanna spend money on that engine. Easiest way to get power out of a TBI is to bolt it onto a big block

6872xtc

make mine modified
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Yes, with the ez inch I'll move it forward 1.5 inches, I'm really thinking of doing the b52 kit on it that's 4" lift and I can move it forward even more If needed***

I figured that I better move my butt over to this thread.....

How far forward can the axle move, before there is a problem for the draglink? (stock or crossover)

the_blaze

Nightmare / Plan B
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
I figured that I better move my butt over to this thread.....

How far forward can the axle move, before there is a problem for the draglink? (stock or crossover)
Not 100% sure, I know I'll need to convert it to crossover asap.

@72gmck5 is trying to talk me into keeping it as low as possible and cutting as much as needed to fit 37s.
I'm still wondering if going big like my other rig makes more sense, like 8" lift and trimming I could do 40s, if I wanted** or 6" and 37-ish. I'm trying to come up with an idea for what will rock crawl the best. I need flex but don't want to break the bank getting there.

Bent77

lil meanie
Staff member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
High lift sucks. I was and wasn't joking about just roaching the fenders out and shoving the tires under there. After 4" lift, the geometry issues become exponential and it goes south

The 4.10s will help a lot

6872xtc

make mine modified
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
So B52 to get 4", move axle forward, shackle flip the rear with an axle relocation plate to move it back, 1" body lift to help when you clock the t-case, built in sliders and trim to fit tires..

Oh, and maybe a zero-rate up front to compensate for the bigblock..

Before BB17 right??????
Done yet???

:haha::haha::rotfl: :rotfl:

Top Bottom