CK5 Forums

Take a few seconds to register your free account to post topics or questions, and view exclusive content!

‘86 K30 Crew- From Sierra to Silverado, & a Cummins

max 02

N.E.D.
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Thanks man, I’m pretty pleased. Especially because I was expecting to have to rebuild a core

Who do you buy from? There is a guy a few miles up the road from me the specializes in Dodge cummins parts and repair.

K30guy

The Dude Abides
Premium Member
Reaction score
Who do you buy from? There is a guy a few miles up the road from me the specializes in Dodge cummins parts and repair.
This trans is from a guy in North Cooking lake, I didn’t catch his business name but he wrecks and repairs newer trucks. Great guy to deal with. I’ve also bought from another independent wrecker south of Stoney plain. Seems ya can’t throw a wrench out this way without hitting a 1 ton truck wrecker, haha

max 02

N.E.D.
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
This trans is from a guy in North Cooking lake, I didn’t catch his business name but he wrecks and repairs newer trucks. Great guy to deal with. I’ve also bought from another independent wrecker south of Stoney plain. Seems ya can’t throw a wrench out this way without hitting a 1 ton truck wrecker, haha
Nice! this is the guys close to my place.

https://www.dodgedieseltruckworld.com/

max 02

N.E.D.
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
I think I’ve been on the phone with those guys once before, I’ll add them to the contacts, haha. I’m hoping I won’t need to be buying any more Dodge parts, the donor truck should have everything I need and then some

Right on!

I still owe you a pic. Sorry I forgot with the cold spell we had.

. “Webasto under the hood of second gen”

max 02

N.E.D.
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Where abouts in the engine bay? I'd be curious to see. Even where mine was I had to do some dicking around and splicing in some 90 degree rubber hose bends I had lying around. The heater hoses were nice and short though. So not a lot of wasted heat leaving the rubber on the way to the engine

Finally took a pic. Not a very good pic... Anyway looks damn close to exactly where you had it on your 96.
You can see the bracket is still there along with a abandoned zero start heater.

B0938ABE-72BB-4D2E-B13B-35DF63E6F4A7.jpeg

K30guy

The Dude Abides
Premium Member
Reaction score
Finally took a pic. Not a very good pic... Anyway looks damn close to exactly where you had it on your 96.
You can see the bracket is still there along with a abandoned zero start heater.

View attachment 329053

No hurry, I’ll probably never have another second gen, just more so for interest

That’s pretty much exactly where I had mine, that bracket is way more professional than my install though, haha

K30guy

The Dude Abides
Premium Member
Reaction score
Anyone using a 2000s 14 bolt in their squares? I put a newer dually axle into my old project square and I know the spring perches are wider on the newer trucks. Other than that I think it would be really handy to have disk brakes in the back. I think the newer axles are wider too?

max 02

N.E.D.
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Anyone using a 2000s 14 bolt in their squares? I put a newer dually axle into my old project square and I know the spring perches are wider on the newer trucks. Other than that I think it would be really handy to have disk brakes in the back. I think the newer axles are wider too?

Seen one for 200 with 410 gears In Sherwood Park today on F/B market place.

K30guy

The Dude Abides
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have a Dodge AAM single wheel in my square from a 2007 ram 3500 fits great and has huge discs . Only bad part is it needs 17”+ wheels
Is it significantly wider than the old 14 bolt?

K30guy

The Dude Abides
Premium Member
Reaction score
That’s funny!

Though it was a good deal too!

Ive got nothing but time to browse for parts from across the country, haha. It’s got a limited slip and disks, and the price is a steal

max 02

N.E.D.
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ive got nothing but time to browse for parts from across the country, haha. It’s got a limited slip and disks, and the price is a steal

Ah your bored and out of town for work. Lol!
Every once in a while I see a good deal on them never with 410s though. Kind of rare being a single wheel axle.

yellowK20

Well Lubricated
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Honestly with a Cummins I wouldn’t want 4.10’s unless I was running a 37” or bigger and still pulling lots of weight. With 35” rubber and a six speed the 3.73’s are perfect

Top Bottom