CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

sreidmx

Fortify Offroad
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
sreidmx submitted a new Build:

79 K5 Prerunner "Lucy"

I scored this
e3a7asu2.jpg

To replace my 79, I got the old blazer from my dad 3 years ago.. It's seen better days, he's wheeled it since the early 80s drove it to college taught me to drive in it. It was the very first vehicle I have ever worked on. So basically lots of fond memories in it. He still tells me a military blazer was something he wanted to build. Since I scored this for free from a good friend and it's all half ton and that will not do, I plan to swap all my drivetrain into this blazer.

View attachment 230299

Read more about this build here...

Last edited by a moderator:

Cucv_M1008

Cthulhu Forever
Premium Member
Reaction score
does the cucv have plates and is it registered ? or are you swapping vins ? if its not registered the dmv will be fun.

sreidmx

Fortify Offroad
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Nope i am trying to get te paperwork so i can register is, is there another way via lean sale or anything?

Cucv_M1008

Cthulhu Forever
Premium Member
Reaction score
You need a FS97 form. im not sure how to get one or you can just have a bill of sale from the owner you got it from. you could contact government liquidation and see if the truck came from them

sreidmx

Fortify Offroad
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Anyone know the repercussions of swapping a gas engine in California. I live in a rural area and I'm not too worried about it but I was wondering what the deal would be if I was caught. Visit ref etc correct?

Cucv_M1008

Cthulhu Forever
Premium Member
Reaction score
I would not worrie about it but if you go to the dmv with the diesel motor and register it as a diesel. I dont think you would ever have any issues.

sreidmx

Fortify Offroad
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
That's what I was thinking or registering it right before I swap it. I was told that if you get popped for it then you have to see the referee regarding the engine, it's just a fix it ticket but could take you off the road until it was fixed to be legal. So as far as I can tell not a huge risk. Same as swapping a ls1 into a car or truck that didn't come with it originally.

sreidmx

Fortify Offroad
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
This is going to be done in stages to make it more feasible for me. What do you guys think?

Cucv_M1008

Cthulhu Forever
Premium Member
Reaction score
First find out where it came from either gsa or government liquidation . Get it registered then do the swap and lift.

sreidmx

Fortify Offroad
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
I don't need to the dmv just wants a statement of non operation a bill of sale and app for registration. No sf97 needed :)

sreidmx

Fortify Offroad
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
I have to get my bike back together and outa here. So maybe a few weeks max.

sreidmx

Fortify Offroad
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
So it's possible that I might have scored a front axle from a fsj with the spring under setup.. Talk me outa it.. I was going to call deaver for my custom springs and try to bring the lift down to 2-3 inches and maybe a smaller tire say 33-35..? Mostly trail and desert scooting.. Frees up steering also. Probably help wheel hop and more up travel without inverting the springs.. Frizzle did it right? Same idea.. Probably will do the rear later as well. Whatcha think am I crazy

sreidmx

Fortify Offroad
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
We'll see if this axle materializes.. If it's junk I may just steal parts from it and save the housing for when I destroy this one. It's really hard to keep the wheels on the ground.. My foots to heavy

Top Bottom