B
Bent77
Guest
Just means we need to check TDC the fun wayIs that a problem?
Just means we need to check TDC the fun wayIs that a problem?
Not your finger. Mark isn't called "bent" just because...

Love you too buddy
Well the 2 steps forward, 1 step back tend is continuing. Got the driveshaft and new yoke installed successfully. Went to go for a test drive and almost didn't get the trick to start.
Had to crank with the throttle partially depressed before it would finally fire. Then it would barely run at more than an idle. If I tried to accelerate, the motor just sputtered and stumbled. It finally improved once the motor warmed up. However it was still running rough.
I think the problem is the truck was in the shop and saw the 454 and it's ready to be rid of the tired old 350.
Speaking of the "new" motor, it's a good thing I pulled the oil pump.
View attachment 220819
I know it's not super critical but it's still best not to have plastic pieces hanging around in the motor.
Yes, I did get something similar as well.That is typical for a Chevy. That is why I installed one of these on my new 350 crate engine (and all the Chevy engines I have built).
![]()
I'm not certain. I did find through my searching for repair parts for the CV the flange matches up to Dodge trucks, 2500 and/or 3500 models. So it's possible the flange in the picture is for the front output that would bolt to the transfer case in one of those Dodges.I have a question on your driveshaft you got from High Angle Drive Line. The splined yoke that the splined flange slips onto it, and is bolted on..does High Angle make that piece as a regular item for sale, or is it custom made, and how much did it cost?
![]()
This is the only part I noticed is engraved with the company name, so that would make me think it might be something he makes in-house. I don't know if he sells them separately. Jess @ High Angle Driveline is definitely one of those guys you have to just call. The website doesn't do much for specific information.
The entire driveshaft set me back $900. I struggled with the cost but in the end decided it would be worth the investment in the long run considering I had spent that much over the past 2yrs repairing the shaft I did have. It also made it a very bitter pill to swallow when the shaft got messed up due to my own lack of due diligence.
Yeah when I called him about fixing mine after it fell out I had to remind him what I had. I don't think he would know who you were talking about unless you told him I'm the guy that makes his stickers.I have already talked to Jessie one time at High Angle. I mentioned your drive line as an example of what I want to go with, but he said he does a lot of drive lines, and does not remember yours. He was not real clear on if his stuff is just sitting on the shelf ready to sell or not. I am trying to keep costs down, and I just want to buy the splined shaft yoke with the threaded end and splined flange that goes onto it. Then install that myself, and then get the back half of the shaft built locally with the slip yoke built into it like yours. I see yours is a 1410. I think I am going to stay with a factory 1350 set up.

The studs threaded in far enough for there to be no unthreaded portion of the stud showing.
Did some research on the interwebs and found several instances of similar problems; even a couple of magazine articles covered it. A few people cut threads off the part that threads into the block; I didn't like this idea and since I didn't have any of the un-threaded stud showing I felt this was unnecessary. So I cut about 3/8" off the top of the studs for the windage tray.