CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

Thomas Fournier

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Looking to see what you guys have built for front bumpers. Any good ideas? I wanted to run a winch and hope to keep it square tubing, however, I might just have to go with a nice round tube design. I’m running a 77 Chevy pickup on 37s and a b52 kit up front.

I would love to see some designs of your guys front bumpers, I don’t care for just buying a manufactured one, I want to custom make mine

pics encouraged!

Alan2smiley

I'm in the shop
Premium Member
Reaction score
The holes in the bottom plate is access to the bottom of the top plate that the winch is bolted to. It's very similar to ORD bumper. We live and wheel in the woods so the upper hoops keep trees away from the precious. I like the spool accessable so I can put my fingers in it.

20200524_162837.jpg

Thomas Fournier

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
The holes in the bottom plate is access to the bottom of the top plate that the winch is bolted to. It's very similar to ORD bumper. We live and wheel in the woods so the upper hoops keep trees away from the precious. I like the spool accessable so I can put my fingers in it.

View attachment 340624
That’s awsome! I might do something similar. When I build it I’ll post some pics! Thanks for sharing your ideas

scouthead

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
ok... I"ll play. I built it in the driveway a few years back. hit some rocks with it- winched some stuff, and saved a few fords...its been mostly sitting for the last couple years but im talking about putting the 3rd motor together soon and resurrecting. anyway, bumper is higher and tighter than the factory one in all dimensions, and has a 10,000 lb winch stuffed in there. the shackle loops are welded to a plate that is integrated into mounting the whole enchilada- they go through the bumper and use several bolts to attach to the frame. it could use a fresh coat of paint, but still gives me a tingly feeling feeling in the pants when I look at it.

CIMG0141.JPG

CIMG0212.JPG

CIMG0208.JPG

CIMG0214.JPG

CIMG0218.JPG

ryoken

Puppy Fabricator
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Looking to see what you guys have built for front bumpers. Any good ideas? I wanted to run a winch and hope to keep it square tubing, however, I might just have to go with a nice round tube design. I’m running a 77 Chevy pickup on 37s and a b52 kit up front.

I would love to see some designs of your guys front bumpers, I don’t care for just buying a manufactured one, I want to custom make mine

pics encouraged!

Mutt's has no winch, but my K5 one does... both bumpers employ sammich mounting of the frame horns and are stooopid stout....

full

full

Top Bottom