CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

Ryoken's 96 Furd twofiddy

ryoken

Puppy Fabricator
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
sandblasted, welded, smoothed, 2K.....

full

gonna see about stopping in the Safelite and getting an estimate when I get a chance..... considering it won't have mouldings and I'll pull the wipers prior, hoping it'll be cheap...

ryoken

Puppy Fabricator
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
so, of course the, "let's keep it to a minimum, and just feather the roof with 400 and overcoat with red" quickly turned into throwing a coat of 2K over some 220'd factory primer....

it's ok, extra couple steps, but it's a perfect substrate for 2K... all the areas that the clear peeled, I was immediately into factory primer..

full

full

driving me nuts not installing the new lights yet..... :haha:

full

I can have them do the window now....

also blasted and painted the wiper arms.... the cowl needs some work... i may paint that off the rig..... and now seeing the roof sand, I'll plan on primng the hood too...

ryoken

Puppy Fabricator
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
they're doing the window monday.. $350 with upper tint...

tells ya how lazy I've become... :whistle: I found the original remote for the Pioneer stereo in the glove, unused.. put a bat in it, and now use it.. sits in the cup holder.. as opposed to LEANING over and manually changing it.. :haha:

I'm hoping to have the topsides painted. roof, A-pillars, cowl.. and hood and fender tops, "on a separate occasion".. new lights and mouldings by the end of aug...

KirsL

Diesel maniac
Premium Member
Reaction score
they're doing the window monday.. $350 with upper tint...

tells ya how lazy I've become... :whistle: I found the original remote for the Pioneer stereo in the glove, unused.. put a bat in it, and now use it.. sits in the cup holder.. as opposed to LEANING over and manually changing it.. :haha:

I'm hoping to have the topsides painted. roof, A-pillars, cowl.. and hood and fender tops, "on a separate occasion".. new lights and mouldings by the end of aug...
The Kenwood stereo I have in my dodge has a remote. I fricken love it! Who needs steering wheel controls when you have a remote!

ryoken

Puppy Fabricator
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
a bit of build babble from today for the truly bored...

decent day.. perfect weather.. got my morning store stuff done and decided to start the front brakes.. I got so far as to pulling the caliper and realized if I was gonna go deep enough for rotors, I should do bearings and seal while I'm there... bit left on the pads, so it can wait a month..

charged the AC... had a bit of problems, but managed to get a full can in... pressures where 40, 45... and like 175... it was only like 75 degrees out... didn't want to overcharge it... it eventually blows about 40 out the vents... I'll check pressures/performance again after a few weeks of use...

also pulled the cowl out for refinishing... just laid some 2k on it... gonna leave it out for the glass guy... hoping monday window goes smooth, especially weather-wise...... literally all he has to do is cut it out, clean, install new... reattach mirror...

i'll see what tomorrow brings and take a few pics/update...

oh, and while I'm excited to be finishing up round #1 on this rig, and anxious to get back going on Mutt, I'm kind of regretting just not doing the SAS and suspension now.. even with the solid back shackles now, the front springs/bushings just sound/feel horrible...

JoshHefnerX

3/4 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you're in the ballpark for A/C - there's charts out there per temp. Usually, most people like to wait for warmer days 90ish or more.

ryoken

Puppy Fabricator
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Sounds like you're in the ballpark for A/C - there's charts out there per temp. Usually, most people like to wait for warmer days 90ish or more.

yeah, that's why I didn't want to get crazy.. i've peaked at the chart... it's like 50, 55/225, 250 when like 90... i'll revisit it..

friggin Safelite hasn't shown today.. they where supposed to call between 8 and 9 and give me a time... if they don't by the end of the day, I'm gonna cancel tonight on the web... fug your poor biz practice, you can return the glass now... turns out i have a customer who's best friend is a glass guy...

ryoken

Puppy Fabricator
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
so..

i cooled off a bit and let Safelite do the glass today... while the whole "no human to speak to automated bs to them expecting everyone to live on the app" was annoying, I started wondering if glass might be one of those "getting tough to get" these days items.. and a giant like Safelite was gobbling up everything... I can't get a v-8 long block till sept at the earliest...

anyway, dude showed at noon today like he said in the morning call... took him about 2 hrs.. it had him nervous being original with all that delam-ing going on... but it wasn't too bad and he did a good job... threw him $20 for a 12-er...

full

so the plan is to hopefully get the roof, a-pillars and cowl painted sat... than sun install the cowl/wipers and mouldings.... also get the new lights in...

ryoken

Puppy Fabricator
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
for....

next to the house, under a tree, in 15 mph winds..... I'm very pleased with it.... couple nibs, but whatever....... scuff/buff if I ever get super bored will take care of it... #bugtweezersFTW

full

showers all day tomorrow apparently... but I'll be up early getting the lights in, and hopefully the cowl/trim/wipers on....

plowing thru the list..... :deal:

Last edited:

ryoken

Puppy Fabricator
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Decal seems appropriate for the age.

Tinted windows rule.

it actually came with "offroad" below it.. but wouldn't work on the tank door side... like $12...

this view shows it a bit better.. i originally was gonna do the opposite scheme... red shadow and black letters.. but it seemed off....

full

i'm digging the roof lights...

full

Last edited:

ryoken

Puppy Fabricator
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
so... question for the masses...... ok, 9 guys, reading this thread.. ;)

now that I'm closing in on a final look, I'm willing to admit, I may have jumped the gun on $50 for new headlights.. now that the roof lights are on, I'm questioning the stock light look up front...... i love the roof, and front, but it just seems like 2 different "look" directions....

what's everyone opinion on how fully thugging it out at some point down the road with these would look?

s-l500.jpg

they're like $80...

full

of course that brings up staying red in back or smoking them too.. always swore I'd never run smoked tails...

maybe a x-mas gift or sumfin.... I got other stuff to buy for Mutt coming up...

anyway... the list is definitely dwindled... just road-trippin and helping out a bud with his rig this weekend.. another square....

but I still have front rotors, bearings and pads to do.. also need to get in on the other back drum... maybe paint the hood and trans service in aug...

Last edited:

Truckman4life

3/4 Ton Status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just to throw another wrench in your headlight plan check out Tony Rojo on Facebook. He's in the OBS Revolution group. He does custom projector headlights and tail light stuff. Look up The Fox Shop on YouTube also. They have a video on them.

ryoken

Puppy Fabricator
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Just to throw another wrench in your headlight plan check out Tony Rojo on Facebook. He's in the OBS Revolution group. He does custom projector headlights and tail light stuff. Look up The Fox Shop on YouTube also. They have a video on them.
will do..

but of those 2 looks? thinking smoked could look pretty sinister with the grill...

Top Bottom